Celebrity Deaths 2018

Except there is absolutely NO difference, … at all . :roll_eyes:

A verdict of not guilty constitutes an acquittal . In other words, to find a defendant not guilty is to acquit . At trial, an acquittal occurs when the jury (or the judge if it’s a judge trial) determines that the prosecution hasn’t proved the defendant guilty

4 Likes

Nonsense on stilts

Oh.
You guys have actually seceeded already?
Good riddance.

Well, exactly ya boob.

Here’s an example.

Two children allege that their acting teacher touched them inappropriately during class. Both alleged offences happened independently from the other and there were no witnesses other than the alleged victims. The prosecution mount an argument based on circumstantial evidence because the only witness to each offence is a child and there is no other supporting evidence.

The judge and or jury acquit the accused based on a lack of evidence rather than find the accused not guilty.

The prosecution could not provide supporting evidence eg, by way of cctv or a witness to the alleged event other than the victim. The defence could not provide supporting evidence by way of an alibi eg, the accused was overseas at the time of the alleged offence or a credible witness came forward to state that he or she was with the accused at the time of the offence.

Now, the outcome is the same (accused walks free) however, the reasoning is not.

Not guilty means the accused didn’t do it. Acquitted means the prosecution couldn’t prove beyond doubt that the accused did do it.

That’s a big difference.

Read it slowly if it helps you understand.

Idiot.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Drew morphett died a few years back.

Did you make all this up just now, or been working on it for a while?

I understand what you are saying Diggs, under our Law if you do not have enough evidence to convict then the verdict is not guilty. There is no such outcome to acquit, only guilty, not guilty or mistrial.

1 Like

Diggers up stupid

1 Like

Ab Fab mum - Dame June Whitfield gone, 93 years young. Great actor over many years. Never took herself too seriously.

2 Likes

Ariba turkey

“No you go ahead dear. I’m not sure why but I get the feeling I might laugh.”

3 Likes

Eddy: ‘In this body there is a thin person dying to get out.’
Gran: ‘Just the one dear?’

16 Likes

Always had the best one liners on the show.

Fair innings, … we should all be so lucky. Vale.

1 Like

Spot on BSD. We should all be so lucky.

1 Like

Ab Fab was a mad show.

2 Likes

Perhaps, the last one for 2018

However socially if your in the public eye and accused of something, the media seize on it…your character gets assassinated.

Eye gutted

1 Like