Celebrity Deaths 2019

Who?

Some ■■■■.

5 Likes

Boomers

1 Like

Why would the Australian Basketball Team be puritans ?

LaShawn Daniels, a Grammy Award-winning songwriter who penned songs for Beyonce, Whitney Houston and Lady Gaga has died. He was 41.

Daniels’ wife April said in a statement that her husband died in a car accident on Tuesday in South Carolina. He earned a Grammy in 2001 for his songwriting work on Destiny Child’s Say My Name.

Daniels co-wrote several Grammy-nominated songs including Tamar Braxton’s Love and War, Toni Braxton’s He Wasn’t Man Enough and The Boy is Mine, a track featuring Brandy and Monica.

He also contributed on Beyonce’s Telephone, Jennifer Lopez’s If You Had My Love and Michael Jackson’s You Rock My World.

His wife, April Daniels, called her husband a “man of extraordinary faith and a pillar in our family.”

LaRIP.

5 Likes

Inappropriate yet amusing :joy:

1 Like

Robert Mugabe bites the dust at 95

What a shame… I’m sure the Ndebele people are all broken-up about it…

Thank fk.
Deserved a far more painful ending but.

Was trying to work out what you had against LaShawn but had missed the Mugabe post.

1 Like

Good fkn riddance.

2 Likes

May he NOT rest in peace

Abdul Qadir died. What a bowler. Leg spinning was out of style in the early 1980’s when I first saw him but his flight and turn was as attacking as any of the Pakistani quicks. Him, Imran Khan, Zaheer Abbas and the great Javed Miandad were stars of those touring sides. Sad news.

6 Likes

It started well for Mugabe. He was a hero to his people. His leadership in taking back control of their land from the colonialists is to be admired. But like so many before and after, ego and greed overcome righteousness and he descended into a dictator who ruined a once prosperous country and terrorised the population. He was a outstanding military commander but a terrible civilian leader. Why can’t these people serve and then move aside to let the people run the people’s republic? That’s the point of revolution, isn’t it? So much trauma and for what? A brown repressive face that replaced the white one. What do they say, absolute power corrupts absolutely?

2 Likes

The whole world loved him at one point. Didn’t the queen give him an honorary knighthood? Whoops

Abdul Qadir has died of a heart attack. He was 63.

Doesn’t his son play for WA. Or st least grade cricket

Great bowler.

Yep. Then he started to believe he was as great as everyone thought he was. That seems to be the problem. Great combat leaders seldom make great civilian leaders. Maybe it’s because there are too many favours to repay. Or perhaps they just get ahead of themselves. Probably it’s because they develop a ‘messiah’ complex which makes them think the people can’t survive without them.

1 Like

32 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unnamed footy identity has passed away