Celebrity Deaths 2020

Loved Gilligan’s Island.

R.I.P. Mary Ann (Dawn Wells)

8 Likes

The ultimate girl next door

3 Likes

Ginger is the only surviving cast member of Gilligan’s Island. We’re all getting old.

Apropos of not much, ‘Advance Australia Fair’ can be sung to the ‘Gilligan’s Island’ theme.

1 Like

RIP Mary Ann, another victim of Covid 19.

1 Like

Wow, that is sad.
Was lucky enough to meet her briefly at Supanova Melbourne a few years back and she seemed like such a nice person

2 Likes

More infamous than a celebrity but Samuel Little, quite possibly America’s most prolific serial killer has died in prison aged 80.

1 Like

I just started listening to Michael Connelly’s Murder Book podcast second series, which is a very detailed timeline of the detection of Sam Little.
It started with an LA detective Mitzi Roberts, who’s the model for Connelly’s detective Renée Ballard, who’s filling in a lot of Harry Bosch’s detective work, introduced in The Night Fire.

2 Likes

Not really a celebrity. Amongst hip hop circles and otherwise, absolutely revered and seen as one of the GOAT’s. Lyrically dense and impossible to imitate his vocal delivery and skills, could probably deliver limericks under water.

4 Likes

Very sad news and the death of a legend.

Madvillainy would be considered amongst the greatest albums of this century.

Huge loss.

1 Like

Never heard of him, so not a legend to me.

This is the right thread then.

90% of the people posted in here I have never heard of either.

Some old people that did something 50 years ago that old people care about.

4 Likes

All I know is I can’t believe Eddie Van Halen left us in October.
You want to talk musical genius.

Knew he was crook but I’m still stunned.

Feel like my youth got sucked up by the vacuum cleaner and I turned into a cast member of Cocoon.

1 Like

Yeah…but I’ve heard of Eddie Van Halen.

2 Likes

x2…

1 Like

Died 30th December:

3 Likes

A mate did pearl diving for a bit in the late 80’s. It was a dangerous job back then.

I’m still reeling from Neil Peart and that was 360 days ago.

1 Like

Young Neil (not Neil Young) long before he was in a Rush.

1 Like