Celebrity Deaths 2022

As someone who grew up in the 80s and 90s Full House was one of my favourite shows, so this was a real shock to see on my Twitter feed this morning. Yeah, his stand-up definitely didn’t fit the wholesome image of Danny Tanner that’s for sure!

I enjoyed watching it, my daughter who came along in 2001 loves it.

1 Like

I cringe when I see it now. It didn’t age well, but not a lot of things from that time period have.

I don’t know think I’ve seen more than a episode or 2 of it but it did have a pretty big following

Not a celebrity as such, but former Docker and Demon Harley Balic dead at 25.

24 hour support is available at Lifeline 13 11 14.

2 Likes

That is really sad.

1 Like

■■■■

Oh ■■■■■.
That’s rough.
He was such a talented footballer.

Is that official? Cant find anything anywhere about it

Herald Sun is running with it and Harley Bennell posted about it.

Harley Bennell confirmed the news of Balic’s death through his official Instagram page.

Through his IG status, Harley shared a picture of him with Harley Balic and wrote:- RIP my little HB, I’ll always love you, little brother.

at thats grim

His Wikipedia page has yesterdays date as his death date.

Horrible :frowning:

Fremantle will be scrambling for cover over this unfortunate death - I doubt he is the only one.

What do you mean?

I think he just stuffed up the word recover

Apparently there was more than one player who was suffering from substance abuse issues - It could be a similar situation at other clubs.

He had his issues however he moved from Freo to play for Melbourne before quitting footy because he had lost the passion for the game due to his mental health and substance issues.

He spoke about the fact being at Freo was horrible, not because the club did anything wrong but because he was isolated and alone. He found it hard to get close to others and had no family or friends over there.

From what I understand Freo did all they could for him and agreed to get him back to Victoria and his family once it became obvious he couldn’t adjust.

2 Likes

This is pushing my memory, but when he was drafted wasn’t there an issue that he was already dealing with (my mind thinks a sister or cousin had died?) so being moved to the other side of the country wasn’t ideal at the time?

1 Like

Tragic. Under any circumstances.
A young man who should have been just starting out in life. Those we lose in this fashion never understand the devastation they leave behind.

And the world needs to be a kinder, more caring place.

4 Likes