Celebrity Deaths 2022

Yeah that’s my memory as well. He took some time off from Freo at one point as well before they eventually agreed to trade him.

1 Like

Those we lose this way never understand the devastation they leave behind, but neither do many understand the pain of every day experience that leads a person to make this decision. It is horrific from every angle. It is so sad. RIP.

7 Likes

So true Zim. I truly believe that in some it is really no different to having a terminal illness. It will take them in the end no matter what care or intervention is taking place. They just can’t stay in this world.

Sinead O Connor’s 17 year old son committed suicide a couple of days back. And he was hospitalised at the time. Managed to leave/escape and hanged himself.

As you said, it will get them eventually.

Poor old Sinead is a bit of a nutjob these days, but no-one deserve that. No parent should EVER outlive their offspring… Terribly sad…

1 Like

She has declared that she will sue the hospital because they should have kept him there. Problem is they are not prisons and even on a suicide watch you cannot stop people doing what they want.

thats a bit of a ■■■■ way to diminish her lived experiences.

3 Likes

Think you’ll find that another Ex Freo player who shared a house with Harley Bennell is no longer with us. It probably wasn’t the most suitable environment for new recruits - That’s not so say that Fremantle hasn’t done as much as they could once they realised there was a problem.

1 Like

Burke Shelley, founder and bassist of Budgie, and writer of classics including Breadfan and Crash Course In Brain Surgery, has died at age 71

2 Likes

Vicar of Dibley always good for a laugh. All the characters got their turn too. Rip Gary Waldhorn. 78 is too young these days.

2 Likes

Jeepers, I think there are only two main characters from that show still alive now.

3 Likes

Love playing bassline to Crash course - such a great song.

1 Like

Yep just Dawn French and James Fleet (Hugo) left. Saddest loss was Emma Chambers who played Alice. She died in 2018 of a heart attack aged 53. At least the others had a few more years under their belts.

1 Like

Loved Budgie. Had a big phase a few years ago where I listened to a lot of it. Burke pretty much made that band though; it seems like drummers and guitarists were coming and going.

I liked the album with the cat on the cover… Impeckable I think it was.

1 Like

Farewell to 60s icon Ronnie Spector, a key member of fabulous all-girl group The Ronettes, who has passed away aged 78.

5 Likes

Just saw the news, sad to hear. It was a difficult life, especially being married to Spector, horrible man.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone named in this thread :woman_shrugging:

Scorsese pioneered the use of pop music in cinema, and using Be My Baby as the intro to Mean Streets was a stroke of genius.

Having said that, sad to hear she has passed. Reportedly had a huge influence on Brian Wilsons music, who is utterly obsessed with her.

2 Likes

We’ll make sure to @ you when Cardi B croaks

3 Likes

on a footy forum and never head of harley balic?

I N T E R E S T I N G