Celebrity Deaths 2023

She was so voluptuous, a cynic labelled her role in the Hunchback of Notre Dame as the Hunchfront.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s not nice but it’s amusing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hip surgery getting dangerous these days

2 Likes
6 Likes

so sad, great voice

6 Likes

Trying to think of her best songs, this one came to mind first.

The floor is open for some other nominations

1 Like

Christine McVie songs: ‘You make Lovin’ Fun’ is one; ‘Songbird’ is another. Both good songs and very different.

Pretty crappy writing of the tweets above; made it sound like they didn’t know where her hip was!

RIP Renee…
She had a great voice. Never had the success she deserved - she was tagged as “difficult” mainly because she stubbornly refused to play the game (and also refused to kiss Molly Meldrum’s arsse)…

1 Like

How do you find cancer of the lungs when operating on the hip?

2 Likes

Back in my college days, l was on the student executive as Activities Officer. Once a month l had to put on a Union Night. That meant hiring bands, and a couple of times l hired Renee Geyer. One time in particular was a bit difficult for her to sing, as she had a cold in the throat, which made her husky voice even huskier. I thought the sound of her speaking voice was as sexy as all hell, and even though she was struggling to speak let alone sing, l kept talking to her, so she would have to keep speaking. She was a great performer. l am a little surprised at one thing, l thought she was a bit older than that.

5 Likes

Always loved this one. RIP Renee.

3 Likes

She could be quite ‘difficult’ to people she considered lower than her on the/any measure.

Say I Love You and Do You Know What I Mean, because of Australian pop compilation albums.

1 Like

I’m sure I heard a story of her management telling her not to put her photo on a record sleeve, Renee saying screw that, and US black radio never playing her again…
Something like that…

2 Likes

Her autobiography was titled “Confessions Of A Difficult Woman” and she also released an album called “Difficult Woman”, which tells me she had a sense of humour.

I went to see her in concert with Paul Kelly in the late 90s and, just before the curtain went up, I noticed two women slip into the seats behind me. It was Linda and Vika Bull.

3 Likes

Renée Geyer - great voice, great loss, greatly missed.

Unlike James Molan, architect of Rabbit’s turn-back-the-boats policy, of whom the best that can be said is that he was, in the words of W.S. Gilbert, “the very model of a modern major-general.”

She was a very good singer and probably an under rated talent

2 Likes

Never mind the old studio-recorded pop songs — above all she was live performer — check out her live version of Midnight Train to Georgia from 11 years ago …

My late dad was a huge Geyer fan, the cds used to be on in the house all the time. Wonderful voice.

4 Likes