Celebrity Deaths 2023

Or if you’ve got an hour to fill, check out the full performance in The Basement :

4 Likes

1 Like

Anything from a stethoscope to listen to breathing in a routine check to finding a metastases while operating.

1 Like

Gina Lollobrigida was certainly one of the most beautiful actresses to ever grace the silver screen. She never had the career of her more famous and also beautiful colleague Sophia Loren, but l always felt that Gina was the more beautiful.

Close your eyes while listening to this and you can understand why Black radio in the states loved her until they found out she was white…

3 Likes

Turn on the Lights song for the 1975 LNP election campaign not her most popular. But she needed the money.

1 Like

Were there? His politics were on the nose, but I’ve never heard a word of criticism of his ability or morality as a soldier.

Many stories about his input in the Second Battle of Fallujah in 2004. It was subject to a war crimes investigation but nothing was published, just hearsay stuff. Might come out now he is dead or not !

1 Like

Her signature tune and always will be.

Racists…

I recall meeting Renee Geyer in a late late night Kings Cross bar in the 80s. 1987 I’d say? She’d sang at the Basement that evening I gleaned later. I’d stumbled in with a few friends and went to the bar and spotted her and realised afterwards was a tad overawed. She came over to me demanding why I was looking at her … anyway had a nice old chat and laugh … she went back to her band and friends.

Note to self. Never stare for more than a second, particularly when in the company of a great singer and magnetic person as she was.

Truly a sad day … RIP Renee

6 Likes

The bittersweet thing about this thread is all the great stories that come out only AFTER someone passes.

3 Likes

Were you staring and whispering though?

8 Likes

Probably was trying … but failed miserably.

1 Like

I’d heard stories of misdeeds in Iraq.

1 Like

Hearing of Renee Geyer’s untimely demise yesterday was like an unexpected kidney shot. I thought she was great and as has been mentioned a few times, she never received the commercial success a talent like hers deserved.

And this is why the music business is sh*t and didn’t deserve a talent like Geyer.

About 10 years ago, R Geyer made the gossip pages over here after going coco apesht early into a dinner/music performance at restaurant here in Perth. Several things weren’t right according to witnesses and Geyer let everyone know how displeased she was. The audience thought otherwise and got into a slanging match with her which resulted in Geyer telling them and the restaurant’s owner to all get fcked and she left.

Two things. 1) Why the fark is a performer of Geyer’s calibre reduced to performing at a restaurant? and 2) How dumb is the audience to not get how lucky they were to be so close to such a brilliant singer?

She was terrific. The great shame is that her loved ones will no longer get to be with her but an almost equal shame is that most of Australia don’t even realise who just left this plane.

8 Likes

He’s not dead at this stage, so hopefully they find him, but it is a dangerous and cold place to be missing for 5 days:

1 Like

US MSM reported on the ill treatment of civilians in Fallujah. Molan’s role in Fallujah was raised in our own Senate, but the Oz MSM did not consider it newsworthy.
There have been accounts in some credible social media.

Cannot imagine why the Oz MSM would do that.

Unconfirmed reports that legendary musician David Crosby (Byrds, CSNY etc) has died aged 81.

EDIT: May be a hoax. If so, why would you do that?