Champions League 2018/19

Group A: Atletico Madrid (ESP), Borussia Dortmund (GER), Monaco (FRA), Club Brugge (BEL)

Group B: Barcelona (ESP), Tottenham Hotspur (ENG), PSV Eindhoven (NED), Inter (ITA)

Group C: Paris Saint-Germain (FRA), Napoli (ITA), Liverpool (ENG), Red Star Belgrade (SRB)

Group D: Lokomotiv Moscow (RUS), FC Porto (POR), Schalke 04 (GER), Galatasaray (TUR)

Group E: Bayern Munich (GER), Benfica (POR), Ajax (NED), AEK Athens (GRE)

Group F: Manchester City (ENG), Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Lyon (FRA), Hoffenheim (GER)

Group G: Real Madrid (ESP), Roma (ITA), CSKA Moscow (RUS), Viktoria Plzen (CZE)

Group H: Juventus (ITA), Manchester United (ENG), Valencia (ESP), Young Boys (SUI)

United in current form won’t get out of the group, the other English sides should walk it in.
Sucks that my two sides are in the same group

Looks like City get to twirl a cane into the round of 16.

Looking forward to Juve v Man utd… feels like an old school Big Euro night.

Groups B and C look the most competitive. Mind you maybe I’m judging Inter on name/reputation rather than their current performance. But historically Barca AND Inter in the one group and then Spurs as well. PSG and Napoli are no mugs either for us in Group C.

Wow!

Inter score twice in last 5 minutes to beat Spurs at San Siro.

1 Like

Massive upset. Inter have been pretty poor in Serie A so far this season

You obviously aren’t much of a punter.
The market at the start of the game in no way shape or form suggests this was a massive upset.

I’m a massive punter and yes I couldn’t believe when I last checked the odds on Monday. I follow the Serie A very closely and Inter have been very ordinary. I thought a draw was about the best they could hope for

Not saying what you are saying about Inter is wrong.
What I’m saying is it’s hardly a massive upset when a team wins paying $2 something.
We are currently in struggle town.

BOBBY :soccer:

3 Likes

Pool <3

One-eye Bob!

2 Likes

Reb Star Belgrade dicking a point from Napoli is a good result for us too.

2 Likes

Just saw Icardi’s goal. What a peach

Gini, Milner & Hendo dominated the midfield against PSG. Salah & Mane were outta sorts, but the pirate stepped up. Robbo also very solid at the back.

2 Likes

Neymar didn’t want to know about it after Milly put him into the stands with that challenge. Great to see Sturridge score after being given the start. He looks a lot fitter now and he is the perfect player to come in if we get an injury or want to rest one of the front three.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m very happy that we held onto him now (touchwood - he stays fit).

p.s. After the WC, does anyone have any respect for Neymar anymore? Not me. #oscarnominee

3 Likes

United cruising at 3-0 but aren’t playing much TBF.
Ronnie sent off early but Juve still lead Valencia 2-0.
City trail Lyon 2-0 at home

What a banger by pog

City pulled one back and had some chances late, but Lyon hang on 2-1 at the Etihad. Has to be one of the softest red cards on CR7. All he did was ruffle the bloke’s hair.