Changes for ANZAC Day vs Pies

How great it is that I don’t even know who the fk Matt Nicholls is or even have the remotest recollection of which umpire has ‘been delinerately biased/corrupt etc’ against Essendon in the past.

I find it absolutely fascinating how football fans can carry so much emotional tension and baggage with them against umpires-what an absolute boring waste of time. Amusing too when it seems there are actually people who legitimately believe in some sort of conspiracy against the club by certain umps. As someone else noted the other day, the umpire bashing really is a plague on this forum.

3 Likes

HAHAHA… people in positions of authority can never be biased or corrupt… riiiiight.

2 Likes

Rebellions are built on hope.

1 Like

You don’t need to attribute a conspiracy to something that can be explained by sheer incompetence.

In the case of Matthew Nicholls, the ■■■■ has ruined game after game with his mind boggling decision-making.

Infuriates me that this overpaid hack will most likely ruin an Anzac Day game and get paid handsomely for the privilege yet be totally immune from criticism of his work.

4 Likes

What Blitzers fail to account for, is that the Umpires they think are biased against us, are, as one & the same, the ones that they perceive to be doing the AFL’s bidding.

The AFL are now on side as they owe us big time for not exposing them through court, & accepting their “Deal”.

So, to my mind, those self same Umpires are more likely to help us than hurt us this year, as the AFL pull out all stops to assist us in our “Comeback Story”

PS:I wonder if it was actually Lukin that came up with that sell phrase?

What a lovely straw man you have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, we get it, you are ‘infuriated’ crikey how do you respond to actual adversity in life!

2 Likes

I’ve grown to hate this particular fixture in recent years… which is terrible because of the significant day it is played on.

Give us something to cheer about for a change. 6 of the last 7 years have been abysmal. I won’t believe it until I see it.

Collingwood are just an average side… unfortunately we’re not much better ourselves. The term “We’re due” is used frequently in this game… surely it’s our turn to heap some misery on them for a change?

3 Likes

Dont care so much about the changes because we just dont have that much talent…just dont farkin handball to a player flat footed 2 feet away and expect that game style to win the game

I call it a cheating maggot.

True.

But honestly…
Go and watch Round 13 Essendon v GWS 2016, and then tell me how it makes you feel.

1 Like

Yeah look, I’m bowing out, I occasionally just have to get that umpire conspiracy dross off my chest now and then. It’s a good example you raise though - how things make me ‘feel’ = how things actually ‘are’ is the beginning of the breakdown of most critical thinking in the world.

1 Like

Oh, please. Do go on to enlighten us about the correct way to elucidate points of view in a logical manner, avoiding hyperbole and specious reasoning. It really is what we are all crying out for…

It’s a ■■■■■■ footy forum m8.

Edit: And yes: the umpires are shyte, generally against us and have been for years. Scott Mclaren? James Hird: 15 disposals, 6 tackles, 3 goals in a quarter. No votes.

3 Likes

Mason Cox to kick 31

3 Likes

Apt.

1 Like

Mason Cox can get stuffed

3 Likes

Hope its more spark than this bloke.
We should win by heaps!

Can Hepps or Jobe enter like this

2 Likes

According to Carey, guys like Fantasia and all the Bombers young kids are playing in their first Anzac Day.

FFS.

2 Likes

Just putting on my Mendozza, barnz, Stallion persona for a sec. They’ll need to play the game on one of those. Or something.