Speculation about changes for Dream Time v The Tigs

Why are we talking about Smack? He isn’t even close to coming back from what i understand.
In any case we are most likely in for a football lesson this week.

1 Like

I hope so.

Worth a week I think

The difference is one is still young and the other isn’t going to be part of our future. However, I agree with you I don’t get the Lav love either.

Given the track record so far with the crackdown on behind the play hits he will get 0 weeks. The will factor in 1- Big name player, 2-plays for Richmond and what seals it 3- they play against us this week

9 Likes

Not a chance

Nothing in that. Cops Sicilys arm more than his chest

In: Brown, Mossie

Out: Begs, Mcneice

Richmond will destroy us to the tune of 87 points and then Carlton by 42 points.

1 Like

My biggest concern with bringing Smack in (if he’s fit) is that he’s missed a lot of footy. I’d be giving him a run in the vfl first.

5 Likes

As against that, he does tend to play well first up.

1 Like

Dont know how we do it.

But Essendon needs to manufacture a win Saturday.

3 Likes

Repeating an earlier comment do none of you actually know how Richmond likes to play?
With their current injuries they’ve doubled down on their small & mid mobile players, particularly in the forward line.
No way in hell we play 4 talls in the backline, so forget Franga moving back.
MacNiece stays in to counter their flock of seagulls.
Hawthorn troubled them early with a tall get out up the line, until McEvoy was injured. If Francis can repeat his physicality he is probably a better option than Brown as the leading forward- Brown prefers space, which Richmond won’t give him, even on the wing.
Mobile mids are a must - it’s not the week to return Myers. Or to try Dlarke.
If there’s a change then Laverde for Begley- we’ll need Bag’s aggression cause they’re a bunch of snipers down back.
A fit Smack I’d consider but he’s missed a chunk of games, so a big risk, and it’d mean Stringer playing even more midfield time.

15 Likes

Oh how I would love to not just beat, but absolutely bury this Tigers outfit.
It’s been far too many years that they’ve embarrassed us on this day, we need to send them a message. It all starts with Tippa kicking the first goal just to verify we’re gonna win, then take it from there!

10 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if Rutten makes a strategic difference this week as he’ll know all their defensive structures really well.

9 Likes

Realistically, SMACk needs a game at VFL level after such a long time off. Brown is a chance.

LAV needs more VFL time too,

No changes for mine.

2 Likes

This is going to get ugly.

We go through the corridor and turn it over like we did vs freo and Tigers will kill us. We don’t shift into defensive mode quick enough and they are lightning on the turnover.

Had the disfortune of watching them against the Hawks and they can be found out against marking talls, but again, if it’s not marked they are good at getting crumbers to the feet and rebounding.

Dusty hitting for is perfect for us as well.

Fully expecting to ■■■■ the bed and game be over by quarter time.

2 Likes

In Jason Winderlich

2 Likes

August last year, looks like we have a better match up this time around.

RICHMOND

B

• Ryan Garthwaite,* Alex Rance, * Dylan Grimes

HB

• Jayden Short, * Nick Vlastuin,* Bachar Houli

C

• Brandon Ellis,* Shane Edwards, * Kamdyn McIntosh

HF

• Daniel Rioli, * Jack Riewoldt,* Jason Castagna

F

• Jack Higgins, * Dustin Martin,* Josh Caddy

FOL

• Toby Nankervis, * Jack Graham, * Shaun Grigg

I/C

• Sam Lloyd,
  • Reece Conca,
  • Nathan Broad,
  • Liam Baker

ESSENDON

B

• Matt Dea,* Michael Hurley, * Mark Baguley

HB

• Brendon Goddard, * Cale Hooker,* Conor McKenna

C

• David Zaharakis, * Zach Merrett,* Adam Saad

HF

• Andrew McGrath,* Mitch Brown,* Devon Smith

F

• Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, * Jake Stringer,* Travis Colyer

FOL

• Tom Bellchambers,* Dyson Heppell, * David Myers

I/C

• Darcy Parish,
  • Kyle Langford,
  • Aaron Francis,
  • Matt Guelfi

That Hurley / Martin contest just before half time in Dreamtime last year still shots me. In hindsight it didn’t mean much - we got pumped after half time, but damn that would have been frustrating for Hurls.

4 Likes