Changes for Dreamtime at the 'G

Richmonds forward line is garbage. They won’t be able to kick a winning score

It feels a lot like pre-Carlton rd 3 in here and we all know how that ends.

2 Likes

They’re short a decent 2nd tall but I’d suggest garbage is a touch strong.
Their smalls are pretty handy, not at the level of Fanta/Walla/Green yet but in a similar vein. Rioli in particular will be a star. And Jack is legit. Then they’ve got Martin who’s been freed up to spend more time forward and is super dangerous. If we can bring the same intensity around the ball, and win the contest, we might be able to force Martin to spend more time on the ball reducing his impact forward.

Yup. Feeling like an 8 point loss after being 23 points up mid way through the third.

1 Like

If either Hooker or Hulrs misses due to injury, we might need to bring in TBell to play as full-forward-clunker

2 Likes

Want to see JD take a speccy on the greatest fullback of all times head.

1 Like

But Fletch has retired!

15 Likes

I’m fkn nervous about this one. This feels like a really important game in the context of our season.

Jesus I hope we win

3 Likes

It is in the context that Richmond are one of the sides that we could be competing with should we challenge for that last couple of spots in the 8. Melbourne, Freo, Port and St Kilda are also in that bracket. So far, we’ve lost the two games against those opponents. With every one we lose it gets that little bit harder and means we’ve got to beat another side above us.
That said, we’ve still got a heap of improvement left and really could come home with a wet sail meaning a loss this week may not necessarily be totally terminal for our season.

6-4 is just sooo much better than 5-5.

The ladder could look very different come Monday morning.

I really don’t know what to make of Richmond either which adds to the uncertainty and nerves. I could see us doing to them what we did to WCE and Joe/Orazio going HAM. Can also see them beating us by 4 goals in a really frustrating evening.

2 Likes

It’ll mean much more to him next year when he’s earnt it.

I’m sure it’s somehow racist or reverse racist or whatever if he gets a game just because of the event, and I’d also have to think he wouldn’t want it for that reason rather than deserving it.

1 Like

% boosting 8 point ball game mini final

Will win by 4 goals plus.

Affirmative action or some such thing.
The South African’s do it in test cricket with their coloured quota.

What you can make of of Richmond is:

1. Prestia was a key reason for their early season good form and the #2 midfielder behind Martin. Since he’s been out injured the Tigers have increasingly struggled to have sufficient quality to rotate through the midfield.
  2. They are increasingly struggling to kick winning scores e.g. scores > 12 goals because of a reduced midfield and the fact they lack sufficient quality up forward. They only have 2 dangerous forwards - Riewoldt and Rioli. Essendon has 5 - Hooker, Daniher, Tippa, Fantasia & Green.
  3. They are massively reliant on Rance to hold them together down back. If he struggles or is out injured they are stuffed. If Hurley goes down/is struggling we immediately have an AA full-back to swing down there - Hooker - and we still have Ambrose to come back into the team who has been, quite frankly, our #1 tall defender this year.

We should win this game and win it well if we treat it with the respect it deserves and play with maximum intensity as we have been. Otherwise Carlton & Melbourne style results await.

5 Likes

We are only 20 years ahead of becoming them. Same rubbish finals record in the last 10 years.

3 Likes

Where do they sit in terms of conceding I50’s? I know they’ve got one of the stingiest defenses in the league (2nd least points against or something) but what about over all I50 numbers? If we can get it in there our average ~50 times I reckon our forward line will be too strong.

Looked it up. Average 53 against.
If we can get ~55 I50’s then we should be a big show, unless we completely butcher it going inside.

Amazing that nobody in the media had mentioned how Rance left his position at centre half back to try spoil the last kick out by gws, completely failed to impact the contest while his opponent got the ball out the back and ran into an open 50 to win the game.

9 Likes

No, it got mentioned, once, very quietly then glossed over very quickly. Rance is best. Please keep telling him that.

oh Cheers.

Internet teen pop stuff is clearly not my realm.