Changes for Dreamtime at the 'G

Dustin Martin and Jake King might disagree

1 Like

I think with Joe, Hooker and Stewart we’re good for height.

Do you honestly think they’d send Rance to TBell :smiley:

1 Like

You never no…they will need someone as strong in the air to play on him.

Stewart is a runner so more than likely will play grimes on him.

Either way im happy for any of Stewart or Bellchambers to be in the side.

We have Nth Ballarat next weekend, they’re Club 18 standard!

2 Likes

Richmond are retarded but not so retarded to send Rance to Bellchambers

1 Like

Joe - Astbury
Hooker - Rance
Stewart - Grimes

Another tall is too tall IMO.

They’ll resist the urge to put Rance on Joe as much as possible as Joe will drag him up the ground and away from the play, exposing the defense. If he does line up on him I’d be very surprised if he went with him up the ground.
As far as talks go, playing through Astbury’s opponent is what we want, he’s conceded more goals than any other key defender in the comp so far this year. Of course the obvious caveat is to not just bomb it Willy nilly into the forward line as that’s Rance’s bread and butter, he’ll zone off and kill the contest or intercept for days. If we can drag him away from the play, then bomb away, odds on that one of the others will get out pointed or give away a free kick.

I pray that we are not so retarded as to play Bellchambers…

Luey is our number one ruck no questions asked.

Bellchambers only comes in if Luey is injured.

2 Likes

or if he can all of a sudden start clunking more contested marks than Hooker, removing the need for Hooker forward.

snowflakes.

hell.

Yeah, nah

The snippet showing our defensive actions on weekend on EFC site has Leuey pushing way back into defence to help out.

He’s also been tackling and throwing his body about in stoppage situations.

Belly does not even remotely come close to Leueys endurance and thus capacity to pressure opposition.

He isn’t coming in for Leuey and no way in hell is he replacing Stewart.

If Hooker doesn’t get up for game, well there is his chance for bear in square. Even then they might decide to go back to structure of early part of season which was - two talls and Langford.

3 Likes

Weren’t we stupid enough to sign him for 5 years on a massive contract and he’s barely played since due to injury/form and suspension?

Have I got it wrong or slightly wrong?

Kind of bugged me to hear him talk about how we wasn’t really sure he wanted to play after the suspension, I reckon once his contract ends he will be gone, and I wonder if the coaches feel the same.

EDit: Just checked he had a ripping season in 2013, then played around 8 games towards the end of 2014 and 10 games at the start of 2015. Suspended for 2016 and only played 1 game in 2017. Contract ends in 2018. Hope he can start contributing consistently or it seems we might have gotten it wrong.

fixed it for ya

6 Likes

No coincidence that we look better better with Stewart in the side. Straightens the forward line out and has done some ■■■■■■ good work.
His position should be as safe as houses currently

4 Likes

Now that Hurls has declared himself fit, TBell is only in if Hooker doesn’t come up from his corky.

1 Like

Rance is not killing the contest where JD is marking the ball at full stretch - pretty boy wouldn’t even reach his armpit… Your love affair with Rance is clouding your judgement.

Having said that, we are better than just bombing the ball forwards… i hope.

I watched this game last week and I’d be absolutely stunned if he plays 1’s this week.
Or any week without Loony being injured for rested.
He just doesn’t fit into the game plan.

2 Likes

We are not doing TBell or ourselves a favour playing him out of the goal square in the 2s. We need him to get maximum match fitness to come straight in for Berger as a ruckman. He should be playing the mobile role like Joey does, or Stewart did when he was in the VFL.

The comment above about Bergers increased tackling is something I noticed. He needed to do extra. In spite of his height and athleticism, he is not a good mark and not a particularly good kick, However , on balance I would have him in the AFL team because TBell just does not seem to be fit enough, or have the tank to play at AFL level.

I can only conclude we have decided to give Tommy games as a goalsquare forward to practice marking to provide depth for the 3 tall forwards we have in there now.

His contract’s been re-done since.

1 Like

He said one percenter, not one IQ’er!

3 Likes