Changes for Essendon vs. Adelaide

Out: Melksham, Dempsey, Winderlich

In: Jerrett, Fletcher, Gleeson

Carlisle forward.

Pray.

did you even watch the first few rounds ???

Yes.

We need another forward target and there's literally no better option (unfortunately).

What good are targets when you kick it where they are not?

Hurley up forward would have got that ball out of bounds with a minute to go.

(and he over committed a couple of times as a defender going at the contest letting his opponent move the ball on too quickly)

Out: Dempsey, Melksham

In: Fletcher, Jerrett

KAV! to play full game.

DELL

Melksham can't keep his spot after a performance like that.  Winders needs a run in the twos to find form, the constant in/out/in/out is just not working and he's given us nothing in the last two.  Bellchambers I'd almost drop on principle for missing that shot 15m out... but I'll go:

Out: Melksham, Winders

In: Jerrett, Dell

If Fletch is fit, Ambrose is out and Hurley forward.  Chappy as sub.

Are Gleeson and Ashby fit?  One of them for Dempsey.

Best performing mid at VFL level for Melksham.

Hurley forward, or dropped for Fletch. If Hurley plays forward then Ambrose to makes way for Fletch.

Winders needs to start spending time on-ball.  Is wasted up forward at the minute and is a quality ball user.  If he blows out a hammy so be it.

How's Fanta going?  Does he deserve a crack yet?

Out Bellchambers

ANyone who misses those shots can nick off.

In: don’t care

Out : don’t care.

Don’t care all round really.

I’m done. It’s been so painful watching this season

The problem with belly is that if he's not kicking goals then he is worthless because he doesn't do much else around the ground.

Outs: melky, belly,

Ins: Fletcher, orazio

IN: HOPE

Surprised that some are suggesting Ambrose be dropped this week.  Thought he was ok on Sunday.

On form and looking to the future, I'd drop Chapman before Ambrose.

ok, now that I have been allowed to vent (thank you overlords) and got it out of my system, time to look forward

in: Fletcher, J Merret

out: Melksham TBC

Carlisle to play forward/follower

I could be dreaming but I felt I saw Belly struggle with his ankle after a marking contest last night. Looks like he landed a bit off and was sore straight after.

I'd had a few bevos so don't quote me on it lol.

Didnt Jackson break his hand?

changes Out: Melksham (whip), Winderlich,

In: Fletcher, dell

Fletcher (I feel we would have won if he wasn’t rested, we shouldn’t still have to rely on a 39 year old to win games, and be the general of the backline.)

Melksham gifted games, needs to dominate ressies and work on skills.

Dell for winderlich

Hurley to go forward.

Hooker plays on Tex

Out: Melksham (turnover king), Bellchambers (lazy, disinterested)

In: Fletcher, Gleeson (or Jerret if fit?)

In: Jerrett, Ashby, Fletcher

Out: Melksham, Dempsey, Bellchambers

B: Baguley  Hooker  Fletcher

HB: Hibberd Carlisle Ashby

C: Heppell Zaharakis Goddard

HF: Chapman Hurley Zerrett

FF: Ambrose Daniher Jerrett

RR: Ryder Stanton Hocking

I: Myers Kavanagh Howlett SUB: Winderlich

Yep I agree. Hurley needs to go forward, gives us some variety and instead of having 3 200cm+ forwards up there, but who will play 2nd ruck?? you never have a 2nd ruck playing back (Carlisle) so that rules him out playing back... They wont wanna make Joe ruck when hes only young..
Cant underestimate how much we miss Kommer's forward pressure, if he were fit, Chappy wouldnt be getting a game. Melb just cleared the ball out so easily anytime the ball hit the ground in our forward 50 (which was alot).

Also cant see T-Bell getting drop either because, had he kicked 2 soda's he would have obviously kicked 2 goals and they were both from contested marks. And obviously provides good cover for paddy, so paddy can play forward more often (i reckon paddy is our best forward and most natural forward atm).
Give T-Bell a couple of more games and by then he sure be nearing his best (as its clear that Ivan Maric who had similar injury is also taking his time to find form)

in: Fletcher, J Merret

out: Melksham TBC

This. Melksham - I think I counted 4 inside 50 kicks by him that went straight to Melbourne players. 

In:

Dell - would rather get games into him than Winders

Colyer - he takes the game on

Gleeson - takes Dempsey’s spot

O’Brien - deserves a game on form and will give his all

Out:

Winderlich - unfortunately I think the game has passed him by

Melksham - has been stinking it up

Bellchambers - playing two ruckmen is almost like playing one short

Dempsey - petulant and undisciplined

Notes:

Play Hurley forward!