B: Baguley Hartley Gwilt
Hb: Kelly Brown Goddard
c: Long Zerrett Fantasia
hf: Stokes Daniher Langford
f: Tippa Grimley Redman
R: Leuneberger Zaharakis Crowley
Int: Bird, Parish Dempsey, Cooney
Emg Ashby, Simpkin, Gleeson

Would love to bring ashby in Against blues too!

My changes are to try and create a more scoring friendly forward line. (I.e less HBF’s in the team Kelly, Goddard, Dea, Gleeson, Tippa, Dempsey) Redman & Tippa and stokes to create forward pressure and KICK GOALS. Tippa and stokes to spend time in midfield rotations when required especially if Zerrett under done. Kelly & B Goddard provide experience off HBF and create good decision making and diposal starting our attack from defence.

Crowley in for experience and grunt, id set him the task of shutting down cripps. (Tagging cause I wanna win this week)
Redman and long to Debut for reward of vfl performances and continue development give them a taste.
If parish/zerrett need a rest they can have it against the swans.

If Dempsey dishes up another substandard performance he will be dropped, I expect him to be better for the run.
Gwilt deserves another chance due to good season so far. If carlton had better talls would consider Grima.
Grima & Simpkin more likely to come in vs Swans. as need more battle hardened bodies for their contested style of play.

Will be great for the kids to experience another win.
This team would have Hartley, Long, Zerrett, Fantasia, Langford, Tippa, Redman, Grimley, Parish all developing. Yes Grimley isn’t technically ours, but I like the idea of having Grimley & Daniher, forward with Brown flexibility to go forward/back where required. And Brown would know that he needs to stamp his name in the forwardline this season, given how well Hartley has been acquitted down back with Hurley & Hooker coming back.

Dea has been very solid all year…your quick to throw him under a bus after 1 bad game.

Yeh Dea has been good, and he had 1 bad game. If he plays all 22 games other clubs might be chasing his signature for next year. I want to give some kids a go (Redman/Long), maybe Dea is a bit sore too? Im not ruling a line thru Dea for the year, would happily have him back the following week against the swans and think he has performed better than Gleeson year to date. I just prefer gwilt as the third Tall defender this week. And he is a top up. basically swapping 1 top up for another this week - Dea - Crowley.

Out: Gleeson, McKenna In: Redman, Grima
Bringing Grima in is going a bit too tall for my liking.

Our lack of height in defence is one of our major weaknesses IMO

Then Brown should go back, cos our forward line is too tall and slow.

Brown is creating space in our forward line and getting scoring opportunities. Why would you send him back?

I agree with Minion on the premise that we are very tall, quite possibly too tall, up forward, with Grimley, Brown, and JD. And that if we bring in another tall at the expense of a running player down back one of the problems of today will be compounded.

I also agree with wim that it was not all about personnel out there today. Possibly a coaching experiment or an independent determination on the part of the playing group to see how much they could get wrong and to dissect the results, hopefully for their educational benefit. It was remarkable how it even infected reliable soldiers like Baguley.

Push Daniher down back. Let him learn how a really good forward works to get free.
I’d recast our forward line anyway. Its not working. Leave Brown and Grimely there, then Stokes, Tippa, Dempsey, and Fanta.
They can all kick goals.

and who exactly at Fark Carlton would that be?

Why would you rest Parish? He was only marginally down yesterday when many of his teammates were well down. Also, his second half was really good. Zero indication he needs to be rested.

Also pointing out that the plan was to rest Heppell in his first year and it never happened.

I think realistically this is one that we have pencilled in as a "winable" game. Woosha will go hard.

He didn’t bother going in hard yesterday. Insipid.

any chance for mckernan to come in? i dont see why not.

and what about daniher getting dropped?
the last few weeks he hasent been good. you can say supply but brown and grimley have been ok

McKenna gets dropped. In Redman.

Gleeson out for Ashby. Ashby had a blinder in the VFL.

Seriously? I honestly have know idea how people reach certain conclusions sometimes.

If Ashby turned the ball over as often as he did on Sunday, at AFL level, where the pressure on the ball carrier is even greater, then he would be an absolute liability. You simply cannot give up possession as often as he does. You’ll get caught out on transition going back the other way and they will make you pay on the scoreboard more than occured on Sunday in the VFL.

He just has to continue to work and work on it like Colyer did who had extended run in the VFL and he figured out what corrections he needed to make i.e. slowing down a fraction just before kicking the footy. And he came in and never looked back. I hope the same for Ashby.

He has some good traits and he reads the ball well but you couldn’t put him in on the weekend’s showing given it’s not an isolated occurence.

INS : Grima, Simpkin

OUTS : Gwilt, Gleeson

B… Baguley, Grima, Dea
HB. Kelly, Hartley, Tippa
C.Goddard, Zerrett, Dempsey
HF.Brown, Daniher, Stokes
F…Fantasia, Grimley, Cooney

R. Loony, Bird, Zaharakis
Int.Parish, Langford, McKenna, Simpkin

McKenna very lucky to keep his spot, but I didn’t want to lose any more pace out of the side.Plus, I’d like to see him for another week before possible demotion, particularly on a wing.

Dea and Dempsey also very lucky to keep their place in the side, but Demps deserves 1 more, and Dea has been very solid in the first 4 rounds.

See, I just don’t get that logic. Why does he deserve one more? Three ■■■■■■ years in a row he’s come back in on Anzac Day and put in an absolute car-crash - soft, mistake-riddled and only did anything useful long after the sting had gone out of the game. As a senior player he should be doing delivering so much more than that.

I'm a fan of minimal changes. At half time the coaches switched things up and it worked much better. Let's try to carry that momentum into next Sunday - Fantasia more forward, more experienced guys carrying the ball along the wings to deliver into 50.

One or two changes to reward the guys in the 2nds really banging on the door. Simpkin could really help.

At half time Collingwood had packed up and gone home… as did Gold Coast, as did Port Adelaide

Anything we saw after half time should be discounted right way - its the first quarter that needs to be closely looked at. And the first quarter was full of sluggish ball watching. It’s easy to look like you’re playing well when your opposition drops their intensity off when they know they have the game won (check out the 3rd Qu - we got the first 2 goals, Collingwood thought “oh shit” and then quickly piled on 2 or 3 goals themselves, then went back to cruising)

Tell Woosha he was wrong to say that in the presser then.

Brown is creating space in our forward line and getting scoring opportunities. Why would you send him back?

I agree with Minion on the premise that we are very tall, quite possibly too tall, up forward, with Grimley, Brown, and JD. And that if we bring in another tall at the expense of a running player down back one of the problems of today will be compounded.

I also agree with wim that it was not all about personnel out there today. Possibly a coaching experiment or an independent determination on the part of the playing group to see how much they could get wrong and to dissect the results, hopefully for their educational benefit. It was remarkable how it even infected reliable soldiers like Baguley.

Push Daniher down back. Let him learn how a really good forward works to get free.
I’d recast our forward line anyway. Its not working. Leave Brown and Grimely there, then Stokes, Tippa, Dempsey, and Fanta.
They can all kick goals.

Jesus

He would be handy if available. Put him at CHF.

could resurrect Essendon’s season.
I'm a fan of minimal changes. At half time the coaches switched things up and it worked much better. Let's try to carry that momentum into next Sunday - Fantasia more forward, more experienced guys carrying the ball along the wings to deliver into 50.

One or two changes to reward the guys in the 2nds really banging on the door. Simpkin could really help.

At half time Collingwood had packed up and gone home… as did Gold Coast, as did Port Adelaide

Anything we saw after half time should be discounted right way - its the first quarter that needs to be closely looked at. And the first quarter was full of sluggish ball watching. It’s easy to look like you’re playing well when your opposition drops their intensity off when they know they have the game won (check out the 3rd Qu - we got the first 2 goals, Collingwood thought “oh shit” and then quickly piled on 2 or 3 goals themselves, then went back to cruising)

Tell Woosha he was wrong to say that in the pressed then.

Oh a presser - where everyone speaks the truth and the comments aren’t manufactured by the media team

Yep, Ill pay more attention to a presser next time

“Gave it a 110%”
“Yeah nah”
“Coming into some form”
“Take it one week at time”

Did he say any of those original pearlers too?

I’m not having a go at Woosha. I love him, he is the best coach we’ve had in 2 years, but he also knows what ■■■■ to feed the unwashed fans to make sure they come back next week. I’ll be there next week regardless, so I would prefer to hear something that makes sense to everyone

What the frag is it with Baker usernames?

They can all kick goals.

and who exactly at Fark Carlton would that be?

I didn’t think Carlton were the only side we are playing this year? Thought there were going to be other teams too.

I don’t like it when mummy and daddy fight.

Anyone who calls for J Gwilt to be dropped is a tit.

I don't get the Demosey hate, he was far from our worst and in the first half was the only player taking the game on with his run and kicking. He looked a class above. 16 touches and a shot on goal from the HBF in your first game back was a reasonable output. He stays and will only get better.

Redman Crowley and Simpkin IN

Parish (rest), Dea, Gleeson OUT

Dea is stiff but I think we need more mids for the rotation, Simpkin and Demspsey can move through the HBF.

What the hell game were you watching ?
dempsey was atrocious. Hid disposal is absolutely pitiful, he was rarely near his actual opponent for the majority of the game, barely chased after his opponents when they had the ball.
16 touches means sweet ■■■■ all if 14 of them miss your team mates.

He should not have been anywhere near the backline, and considering 3-4 coaches are still here from last year, it’s an absolute indictment on them that none of them put their foot down and made damn sure a guy they knew last year was no where near afl backline material, was started off in his first game back playing there.
He was removed from the backline last year, he barely scraped through with a contract last year and it was solely based on him supposedly being able to “reinvent” himself as a forward.

I was 50/50 on him staying at the club, but repeating the same mistakes with him is not acceptable no matter what the playing list restrictions are. He is not a backman, and he should never be played there for this club again.

They can all kick goals.

Jesus

He had a cool beard long before these hipster wannabes

Leuenberger coped a serious knock to the back early in the last and didn’t return to the field. Ribs? Anyone heard how he’s come up?

Tell Woosha he was wrong to say that in the pressed then.

Oh a presser - where everyone speaks the truth and the comments aren’t manufactured by the media team

Yep, Ill pay more attention to a presser next time

“Gave it a 110%”
“Yeah nah”
“Coming into some form”
“Take it one week at time”

Did he say any of those original pearlers too?

I’m not having a go at Woosha. I love him, he is the best coach we’ve had in 2 years, but he also knows what ■■■■ to feed the unwashed fans to make sure they come back next week. I’ll be there next week regardless, so I would prefer to hear something that makes sense to everyone

I just think we saw marked improvement in the second half that I don’t think was entirely attributable to Collingwood taking the foot off.

Changes were made during the game to a team that is far from settled, is the opposite of settled, and some things worked. We played better. I’m suggesting they roll with things that work. Wholesale changes continually is just hitting the reset button.

They can all kick goals.

Jesus

We still wouldn’t get any love from the maggots tho

Out - Gwilt / In - Grima
Out - Cooney / In - Redman
Out - Dea / In - Long

Baguley Hartley Grima
Kelly Brown Tippa

Luenberger Zaharakis Zerrett
Goddard Parish Bird

Fantasia Daniher Stokes
Redman Grimley Long

Mckenna Dempsey Langford Gleeson