Changes for fcfc

If you are going to drop Gleeson, who was either soft, or on a very good opponent, Ashby, in spite of suspect disposal, is a much tougher player who fights hard for possession. We need more of that type of player based on yesterdays performance.

Gee I wish he was a better kick because he is the genuine HBFer we’re really lacking (how strange does THAT sound). Probs couldn’t do worse than Glees but just watch this place go apeshit when he coughs up a goal to Blaine Boekhurst due to a kick that sails over it’s target by 10 metres.

For me, I would not be making too many changes as it was not a good day generally. I would consider:
Out Dea, in Simpkin or Crowley.
Out Mckenna or stokes, in Redman.

I’m not too keen on bringing in top ups at the expense of young list players unless it is about their development e.g. not ready for seniors, they are tired or need to get some confidence in the VFL.

I’d still like to see Smack in but can’t see who would come out for him.

Out: Gleeson, Stokes
In: Edwards, Redman
If there was any way Jamar could be worked in, go for it.

I agree werewolf. Why bring in a topup to replace a listed player “just to teach him a lesson”? I’d love to see if the side can respond next week after such an embarrassing and shambolic effort. If they don’t respond after that especially against Carlton then I’d consider a few changes.

INS : Grima, Simpkin

OUTS : Gwilt, Gleeson

B… Baguley, Grima, Dea
HB. Kelly, Hartley, Tippa
C.Goddard, Zerrett, Dempsey
HF.Brown, Daniher, Stokes
F…Fantasia, Grimley, Cooney

R. Loony, Bird, Zaharakis
Int.Parish, Langford, McKenna, Simpkin

Worth having a look at Grima now.
Gwilt the sacrificial lamb to facilitate this after a very poor game yesterday (he’ll be back though).

Brown gives us flexibility at both ends.

Crowley very unlucky not to get a game, but will definitely come in next week when both Parish and Langford are rested against Sydney.

Simpkins game in the rezzies had to be rewarded.

Long and Eades are developing quite nicely in the 2’s.
Not quite ready for Senior action IMO.

McKenna very lucky to keep his spot, but I didn’t want to lose any more pace out of the side.Plus, I’d like to see him for another week before possible demotion, particularly on a wing.

Dea and Dempsey also very lucky to keep their place in the side, but Demps deserves 1 more, and Dea has been very solid in the first 4 rounds.

Out: Gleeson, McKenna In: Redman, Grima
Bringing Grima in is going a bit too tall for my liking.

Our lack of height in defence is one of our major weaknesses IMO

Then Brown should go back, cos our forward line is too tall and slow.

Brown is creating space in our forward line and getting scoring opportunities. Why would you send him back?

I agree with Minion on the premise that we are very tall, quite possibly too tall, up forward, with Grimley, Brown, and JD. And that if we bring in another tall at the expense of a running player down back one of the problems of today will be compounded.

I also agree with wim that it was not all about personnel out there today. Possibly a coaching experiment or an independent determination on the part of the playing group to see how much they could get wrong and to dissect the results, hopefully for their educational benefit. It was remarkable how it even infected reliable soldiers like Baguley.

Push Daniher down back. Let him learn how a really good forward works to get free.
I’d recast our forward line anyway. Its not working. Leave Brown and Grimely there, then Stokes, Tippa, Dempsey, and Fanta.
They can all kick goals.

I’m a fan of minimal changes. At half time the coaches switched things up and it worked much better. Let’s try to carry that momentum into next Sunday - Fantasia more forward, more experienced guys carrying the ball along the wings to deliver into 50.

One or two changes to reward the guys in the 2nds really banging on the door. Simpkin could really help.

I don’t understand the calls for Grima to come in, maybe I missed something but I thought Michael was better on Sunday

I think realistically this is one that we have pencilled in as a “winable” game. Woosha will go hard.

Changes
in: Crowley, Redman, Long,
out: Mckenna, Gleeson, Dea

B: Baguley Hartley Gwilt
Hb: Kelly Brown Goddard
c: Long Zerrett Fantasia
hf: Stokes Daniher Langford
f: Tippa Grimley Redman
R: Leuneberger Zaharakis Crowley
Int: Bird, Parish Dempsey, Cooney
Emg Ashby, Simpkin, Gleeson

Would love to bring ashby in Against blues too!

My changes are to try and create a more scoring friendly forward line. (I.e less HBF’s in the team Kelly, Goddard, Dea, Gleeson, Tippa, Dempsey) Redman & Tippa and stokes to create forward pressure and KICK GOALS. Tippa and stokes to spend time in midfield rotations when required especially if Zerrett under done. Kelly & B Goddard provide experience off HBF and create good decision making and diposal starting our attack from defence.

Crowley in for experience and grunt, id set him the task of shutting down cripps. (Tagging cause I wanna win this week)
Redman and long to Debut for reward of vfl performances and continue development give them a taste.
If parish/zerrett need a rest they can have it against the swans.

If Dempsey dishes up another substandard performance he will be dropped, I expect him to be better for the run.
Gwilt deserves another chance due to good season so far. If carlton had better talls would consider Grima.
Grima & Simpkin more likely to come in vs Swans. as need more battle hardened bodies for their contested style of play.

Will be great for the kids to experience another win.
This team would have Hartley, Long, Zerrett, Fantasia, Langford, Tippa, Redman, Grimley, Parish all developing. Yes Grimley isn’t technically ours, but I like the idea of having Grimley & Daniher, forward with Brown flexibility to go forward/back where required. And Brown would know that he needs to stamp his name in the forwardline this season, given how well Hartley has been acquitted down back with Hurley & Hooker coming back.

Brown is creating space in our forward line and getting scoring opportunities. Why would you send him back?

I agree with Minion on the premise that we are very tall, quite possibly too tall, up forward, with Grimley, Brown, and JD. And that if we bring in another tall at the expense of a running player down back one of the problems of today will be compounded.

I also agree with wim that it was not all about personnel out there today. Possibly a coaching experiment or an independent determination on the part of the playing group to see how much they could get wrong and to dissect the results, hopefully for their educational benefit. It was remarkable how it even infected reliable soldiers like Baguley.

Push Daniher down back. Let him learn how a really good forward works to get free.
I’d recast our forward line anyway. Its not working. Leave Brown and Grimely there, then Stokes, Tippa, Dempsey, and Fanta.
They can all kick goals.

Jesus

They can all kick goals.

Jesus

Close…but not quite.

It's not the cattle.

The prod?

Maybe.
But drop A B and C, bring in D E and F does nothing to fix the problems of today.

It’s not the cattle.
We were soft and arrogant in the midfield, disorganised down back and stupid up forward.
They ran. We didn’t.
They had a plan. It worked really well.
I can only assume our plan was win it clean from the stoppages…if anyone else saw one, please…

It’s not Gwilt or Gleeson or Joe’s fault, and to pretend it is is to really misinterpret today’s events.

Drop Goddard… done!

I'm a fan of minimal changes. At half time the coaches switched things up and it worked much better. Let's try to carry that momentum into next Sunday - Fantasia more forward, more experienced guys carrying the ball along the wings to deliver into 50.

One or two changes to reward the guys in the 2nds really banging on the door. Simpkin could really help.

At half time Collingwood had packed up and gone home… as did Gold Coast, as did Port Adelaide

Anything we saw after half time should be discounted right way - its the first quarter that needs to be closely looked at. And the first quarter was full of sluggish ball watching. It’s easy to look like you’re playing well when your opposition drops their intensity off when they know they have the game won (check out the 3rd Qu - we got the first 2 goals, Collingwood thought “oh shit” and then quickly piled on 2 or 3 goals themselves, then went back to cruising)

I don’t get the Demosey hate, he was far from our worst and in the first half was the only player taking the game on with his run and kicking. He looked a class above. 16 touches and a shot on goal from the HBF in your first game back was a reasonable output. He stays and will only get better.

Redman Crowley and Simpkin IN

Parish (rest), Dea, Gleeson OUT

Dea is stiff but I think we need more mids for the rotation, Simpkin and Demspsey can move through the HBF.

Out: Parish (managed), Gleeson, Gwilt, Stokes, McKenna
In: McKernan, Crowley, Redman, Eades, Simpkin

They can all kick goals.

Jesus

He would be handy if available. Put him at CHF.

Seriously, anyone pointing the finger at any single player after a pathetic team result should be perma banned. The “team” was ■■■■ on the weekend…which was half expected prior to the season starting. The media loaded the pies with the ammunition to come out firing…we were the perfect opponent to come up against with their backs to the wall. Like Melbourne, the Blues are coming off a win and therefore I would expect will be a more likely upset.

Changes in: Crowley, Redman, Long, out: Mckenna, Gleeson, Dea

B: Baguley Hartley Gwilt
Hb: Kelly Brown Goddard
c: Long Zerrett Fantasia
hf: Stokes Daniher Langford
f: Tippa Grimley Redman
R: Leuneberger Zaharakis Crowley
Int: Bird, Parish Dempsey, Cooney
Emg Ashby, Simpkin, Gleeson

Would love to bring ashby in Against blues too!

My changes are to try and create a more scoring friendly forward line. (I.e less HBF’s in the team Kelly, Goddard, Dea, Gleeson, Tippa, Dempsey) Redman & Tippa and stokes to create forward pressure and KICK GOALS. Tippa and stokes to spend time in midfield rotations when required especially if Zerrett under done. Kelly & B Goddard provide experience off HBF and create good decision making and diposal starting our attack from defence.

Crowley in for experience and grunt, id set him the task of shutting down cripps. (Tagging cause I wanna win this week)
Redman and long to Debut for reward of vfl performances and continue development give them a taste.
If parish/zerrett need a rest they can have it against the swans.

If Dempsey dishes up another substandard performance he will be dropped, I expect him to be better for the run.
Gwilt deserves another chance due to good season so far. If carlton had better talls would consider Grima.
Grima & Simpkin more likely to come in vs Swans. as need more battle hardened bodies for their contested style of play.

Will be great for the kids to experience another win.
This team would have Hartley, Long, Zerrett, Fantasia, Langford, Tippa, Redman, Grimley, Parish all developing. Yes Grimley isn’t technically ours, but I like the idea of having Grimley & Daniher, forward with Brown flexibility to go forward/back where required. And Brown would know that he needs to stamp his name in the forwardline this season, given how well Hartley has been acquitted down back with Hurley & Hooker coming back.

Dea has been very solid all year…your quick to throw him under a bus after 1 bad game.

My long term vision is probably a bit different. I’m more of the opinion to give blokes 4 or 5 games. Give them a chance to get in a bit of a groove. Especially someone like McKenna who is new to the game.

Gleeson and Ashby are probably fighting for the same position so give each of them a decent run at it. And let’s face it, our back line isn’t going to be the easiest place to play this year. I’ve never seen so many free players streaming forward like the filth had in the first quarter. How do you defend that?