Changes for Freo

WHY THE ■■■■ WOULD WE DROP PARISH AND BRING IN STANTS!

2 Likes

I’ve been through the suggestions and consensus seems to be…

Out: Bellchambers Parish Watson Gleeson Zaharakis Green Brown Howlett McNiece McKenna and Dea
In: who cares? They’re all rubbish

5 Likes

Out: someone
In: Myers, because he if from WA and his parents might want to see him play. He might be homesick.

All the more important to embrace them then eh?
Otherwise why torture yourself watching footy?

1 Like

Close.

Selection will actually be:

Out: Nobody
In: Who cares, we’re still finding chemistry.

Out - Brown (inj), Watson (rested), Gleeson (omitted), Howlett (omitted)
In - Kelly, Myers, Hartley, Langford

I’d personally drop Zak but his run will be required on the big ground.

We back our plan in until mid way through the season, if the “chemistry” happens then great we push on. If not then we use the back half of the year to experiment and put games into Mutch, Begley, Langford, Laverde and anyone else we think likely and try a few different things. McGrath into the midfield, Stewart plays as a third tall etc…

we are 3-3, yep we have only beaten the poorer teams and we don’t seem a finals side at the moment but let’s back in our coach who is on record saying it will take half a season to start playing well.

3 Likes

Parish needs a rest, wouldnt play him in vfl. He is our future.
But he only had 11 disposals.

In the same boat as jobe, needs a rest this week.

For the record, I have no problem with the halfway point being a measuring stick.

But it applies to the coaching as well. My gripe is that we’re not picking the right team to gel (generally and for particular opponents) and the game day coaching response is severely lacking.

Once the team has “chemistry”, will we be leaving them to struggle for the lack of coaching moves? Surely that is a huuuuuge part of the chemistry.

I don’t understand. Why would Parish need a rest? Does any other team "rest’ players to the extent Blitz thinks they should?
He is a young fit bloke who is paid to play 23 games of football in twelve months. Why would he need a rest?

3 Likes

absolute ■■■■■■■ hypocrite. Knew you’d turn back into this the moment we lost another game and performed in a similar vein as to anzac day.
good old blitz though, you won’t be hounded as “hating” essendon and all the other crap though.

1 Like

In: I don’t know.

Out: See above.

Did you think his performance was adequate? End of the day he is a second year player.
2 short weeks plus trip to perth, we should rest him, its a long year.

Thats fair, who are we not playing that we should be?

In: Myers Hocking Luen

Out: Watson Zaka McKenna

Myers to play Jobes role

Hocking to run with Neade

Luen to play ruck with Belly who will rest forward

Hooker to go back.

Yes we lose a bit of zip, but we get a bit more strength around the ball to hopefully read Goliaths ruck taps and win clearances.

And of course to get less turnovers that kill.

The way they played was rubbish, THEY ARE NOT RUBBISH!!!

I don’t think anyone’s performance was adequate save for Goddard, Hurley and McGrath. But certainly Parish in the first quarter was better than most.
But to suggest he now needs a rest is ridiculous. Young fit bloke cant cope with two short weeks plus a trip to Perth? Give me a break.

1 Like

Since apparently taggers are back, bring in Hocking and play him on Lachie Neale AS A TAGGER. He is not and never will be a HBF, but he is a darn good tagger. Sorry Benny H, love ya, but back to VFL.

And play Stanton on a wing where he belongs (Gleeson? seriously?)

And Hooker CHB, which means Stewart FF.

Hartley can take Cam McCarthy. Mitch Brown: put some ice on the ankle, wax the moustache, and put on a tweed jacket.

Franga to impact off the bench. Sorry Zaka

Give Jobe a voucher for the day spa. Let Myers be angry in the centre square.

Could have more changes, but that’s probably enough. We are working on the chemistry after all.

1 Like

It’s Jim Worsfold. Get it right ffs.

6 Likes

I was watching Richmond yesterday and nearly fell off the couch when I saw Morris was back in the team.
I thought to myself, this guy is a step backwards for the club, he can’t and he won’t improve from what he has produced for the last 3 years, so why play him.
Play a kid that hasn’t proven himself yet.

Point being, I know people keep saying bring in Stanton, Howlett, Hocking etc week in week out, but do you really believe these guys will give us any more than what they have over the last few years.
They never were and never will be any better than what they are now. There is no miracle improvement in these guys.
Id much rather play Langford all year and see what he can produce based on a full year, bring in Mutch , Francis, Laverde and any other player that hopefully has age and improvement on their side.
We are never going to win a premiership this year so play these kids and let’s see what happens.
There’s enough experience already around them (Watson, Goddard, hooker, Hurley…) to protect these players.
I would hate to look at our team and see these guys all in the same team.
Watson
Goddard
Kelly
Stanton
Howlett
Hocking

Time to move on.

6 Likes

Brown hobbled off late in the game, doubt he’ll get up this week.

1 Like