Changes for GWS - desperately seeking transition

it’s the best I can do until 10:00ish tonight when all will be revealed.

I dont think the giants will bother tagging Saad…

They will back their mids hard defensive running and ability to clog up his and McKenna’s space…

We need to break even with this side on centre clearances and push forward which is incredibly tough. Dylan will know a bit about how they set up.

Hopefully we are up to our necks in the contest tonight. I dont want to see our colours lowered again.

Please let Walla and Raz have good nights.

1 Like

I reckon they will given that it’s Etihad where Saad is at his best, the success last week, the fact that De Boer is out and Sam Reid is a forward who use to be used as a tagger so can play that role comfortably

I think Saad being tagged in last weeks game has been overplayed as a massive factor in our defeat. Our midfield was what let us down.

2 Likes

True.

But when our run off half back is shut down, then we have to resort to long bombs down the line which is what we did and McGovern, Hurn were taking intercept marks all night long.

Because of this long bombing we could never get across half way as we don’t have any marking forward besides Smack

1 Like

Currently on a flight from Adelaide for the game…I just want effort and a little bit of fight from the boys.

7 Likes

Yep. Our midfield has turned up for about two quarters since returning from the bye.

1 Like

At this moment he knew he ■■■■■■ up

Season is cooked. Playing Myers and Bags would be laughable. Give Francis a decent run. Get Snelling in. He clearly has grunt and go. Give Berserk a run. See if they cut it.

1 Like

Looking for King St.

You u what ■■■■■■ me off more than anything?
If we show up and every player puts in 100% we are a very good chance to win this.

If the game is umpired as it was last week we are no chance.

1 Like

Why do you hate PADDY AMBROSE?

Do people actually think we’re going to win tonight?

What rational balanced thought process actually leads to that conclusion?

Eeeehh. What’s the alternative? Be sad all day and then after the game? I’d rather be hopeful all day and then sad after the game haha.

4 Likes

not asking much are ya? ARE YA?!!!

1 Like

Being sad about a game of football we haven’t even played yet probably suggests you need a greater perspective in life…

1 Like

I consider myself lucky that it’s probably the only thing i’ll be sad about this weekend.

2 Likes

Polar Bear forward tonight?

Since when has rationality had any bearing on how Essendon plays? :wink:

3 Likes

let’s be honest, you’d have to be mad to follow this mob and expect any different.

1 Like