Changes for GWS - desperately seeking transition

Because he can’t fit in as a HBF and needs to learn to play wing in the vfl if he wants regular game time.

1 Like

for what it’s worth - noting that these trends are only trends until they stop being a trend.

from EFC site:

5. Will the venue be an important factor?

It’s certainly one which gives Essendon hope. The Bombers play Marvel Stadium well, having now won seven of their last eight appearances there, and the only defeat by just 11 points.

And the Giants? Well, unfamiliarity might be the biggest issue here for GWS. They haven’t played under the roof at all this season, and only twice in the last season-and-a-half. Those games produced a thumping win over Carlton, but only a draw against St Kilda before that. They also lost two of three games at Docklands the previous season.

It’s also worth noting three of the Giants’ only four losses this season have come on the road, in Perth and Adelaide, and at the MCG. Marvel is only fractionally shorter in length and width than Giants Stadium in Sydney, but even that difference may help the Bombers shut down the GWS run, a strong suit, along with the continued absence through injury of their best running player, Lachie Whitfield.

4 Likes

I like the changes

Yet I feel like we’ve lost a lot there recently. Weird.

That’s pumped me up though. Thanks @Bomb_Doe.

1 Like

Not even within a modicum of being funny. Grow up SMJ and all who liked the post.

1 Like

Well this is it everyone, D-day for our 2019 season, for Worsfold and the football departments tenure, senior management who put them in place, and for players like Langford who seem one more bad game away from a big fat line being put through there name career wise.

Ramifications wise it’s the biggest night for the club since January 2016 I guess, a belting like Round 1 repeated would be telling.

8 Likes

Why don’t we have a “here’s the team” thread. Are we that disenchanted now?

6 Likes

Everybody got sick of learning new languages.

Que?

1 Like

28 Likes

Glad it wasn’t listed as “pump Klawdy”.

:astonished:

6 Likes

I think we’ll win by 7 points with a defender kicking the sealer.
I’m also always wrong with my predictions.

1 Like

You will be wrong. Tippa will kick the sealer

2 Likes

I was actually confident we would beat WC

I give us no chance versus GWS after that performance. Which will probably mean we will win.

3 Likes

2019-06-27%2011_20_01

2 Likes

Just saw Lenny Hayes and Spike in spring st. They seemed lost. Good sign

1 Like

So you’re saying we have infinite chances but will never find out?

1 Like

I’m the opposite. I thought no chance with WC but a sneaky one tonight. Still tipped GWS though.

3 Likes

They will tag Saad, no doubt.

What I don’t understand is how you can’t negate a tag on a defender.

If Sam Reid goes to Saad, can’t Saad just go to Toby Greene?

Reid can obviously follow Saad but then Gleeson can follow Reid.

4 players huddled/jammed together surely works in favour of the defending team.

Or is it not as simple as this?

2 Likes

They do this with midfielders some times. Like when Clarke tagged Cripps, Cripps should have gone to Heppell. I think if you do it in Defence it might leave a pretty big hole in the defencive structure. Would be interesting to see.