Changes for GWS - desperately seeking transition

It’s pretty stupid.

Playing just one game is quite an achievement. Playing 100 games a significant achievement. Being adjudged one of the best 22 players in the competition in any one year is a phenomenal achievement.

5 Likes

Perhaps people who have achieved even more in their lives can see it a little differently. For all I know, the poster may be phenomenally successful in their own chosen career.

I’d have thought it matters not what the poster has achieved in their own chosen career. The two things are entirely mutually exclusive.

1 Like

Except for perception.

AND we wonder why all of our young guns are out of contract. Continually giving games to Myers, Baguley instead of Ridley, Parish, etc etc.

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again: Woosha is destroying our club like Malthouse did to Carlton

3 Likes

Shaun McKernan.

Currently averaging less than a goal a game at FF.

Yet everyone super quick to call for Francis’ head, even after 2 games in the pouring rain.

1 Like

I don’t like Franga playing forward but i’d sub him in for McKernan in a heartbeat.

1 Like

The love affair of McKernan and Mitch Brown on Blitz is laughable given what those 2 have achieved in 10+ years of AFL footy.

Why not give youngster a proper go?

I agree that Francis is a defender but would far prefer him up forward than the other 2 given his potential and he’s out of contract

1 Like

Because for some unknown reason everyone thought that McKernan was all of a sudden going to become the second coming and a consistent footballer… in spite of literally never doing that across the entirety of his 10 year career. It was laughable.

5 Likes

Yeh nah, please don’t say it again because it’s absolute dribble

2 Likes

Brown has a ceiling but at the very least he’s been more consistent across the duration than McKernan, who literally had ~8 good games last year before ripping his hamstring and hasn’t produced anything close to that sort of consistency over a decade. Brown is a jobber, but he is at least consistent as jobber and alongside a better forward than McKernan he can play a role and have value.

2 Likes

In:Fresh footballers
Out:Jaded tired ones.

Have we got one or two fringe young uns busting a nut to get into the seniors?

1 Like

Yep at least Brown consistently does what you expect. I’m still waiting for McKernan to pop up and kick his one bag for the year.

1 Like

People whine about Francis playing fwd already and not in his natural backline position

How they going to go if have to play 2nd ruck also?

He’s not coming in for McKernan

Like every team in the league if your fwd line is starved of opportunity, and when you do get it in there if ball movement been poor/delivery ordinary every fwd is going to struggle.

We’ve seen what Smack can do when our pressure is up and our midfield performing well through 2nd half of last year.

4 Likes

I’ve been a Hurley basher but saying he’s personally achieved nothing is stupid.

When it comes to the team though, he’s achieved nothing. And when you’ve got our senior players who have played 200 games and are in their late 20s and have achieved literally nothing, maybe it’s showing that these blokes aren’t going to take us to the promised land.

1 Like

I’d play Zac Clarke (fight me!) ahead of McKernan right now.

Give Bellchambers a genuine chop out and allow him to spend a little more time forward.

2 Likes

1 Goal since he’s come back from a Hammy. There’s no sugar coating it. All key forwards get blanketed, it’s a hard gig, but they all do better than that.

1 Like

Got his hands to a few Thurs night and brought them to ground. Reckon with a Stringer bullocking/clearing space in the F50 when the ball on the ground, Raz and Tippa snaffle a few more.

Maybe Lav plays that Stringer role this game? Anyway, that’s how I see Mckernan playing, rather than clunk, goal all game.

All of that is subject to the ball getting in there first

1 Like

Smack is the single most overrated player on our list. Having said that, he’s due a 5 goal game, work that out.

OUT: Brown, Guelfi (inj), Zaka
IN: Francis, MOZZIE, Gleeson

I don’t give a ■■■■. Three Mosquito run down tackles and the players will be pumped.

2 Likes