Changes for GWS - desperately seeking transition

Stupid ■■■■.

2019 Games:
Parish - 12
Bags - 9
Myers - 6

This is despite Myers effectively being BOG or close to every week in the VFL.

Ridley isn’t competing with either of those guys for a spot anyway ffs, he’s competing with Redman, McKenna, Saad.

4 Likes

All 6 of those Myers games should have gone to Dylan Clarke - another young player with promise who is out of contract.

Parish 12 games… realistically is 6 given that Myers playing midfield meant Parish had to play up forward

Parish is still playing forward now and Myers isn’t in the side.

2 Likes

Not sure what games you’ve been watching.

Yeah he’s been resting there for parts of the game but look at his heatmap from Eagles game.

We will be at the Norf - Ess game in a couple of weeks. l have been teaching her the club song.

3 Likes

Heat maps are a waste of time because the reality is only maybe a half a dozen players are locked into a certain part of the ground and the rest follow stoppages.

Parish played mostly off the wing last week but prior to that rotated from behind the square at stoppages and mostly at HF like usual.

Hi stoppage attendances are low again and its not going to change any time soon as long as Merrett, Sheil and Heppell are our first choice mids.

Clarke has absorbed a lot since coming in as well.

He’s part of the second or even third group.

3 Likes

Forwardline with players unavailable at the moment + Mozzie

HF Fantasia Stewart Stringer
F Mosquito Daniher Smith

3 Likes

Clarke coming in has impacted Darcy’s midfield time. Clarke has lined up at more centre bounces than any other Essendon player over the last few weeks. I don’t think the balance is right at the moment.

edit* sorry just saw your post where you basically say the same thing.

I like Clarke, but I reckon WC identified he’s a bit one-paced last game, and ran off him pretty hard when they had the ball… he’s not the quickest. We have the same issue with Langford

2 Likes

Yeah their spread killed us

2 Likes

I think he’s more suited to play on the big inside bulls. Not the versatile mids that have more pace. He’ll be a good match for Parker or Kennedy next week when we play Sydney.

So hard finding the right balance.

Are we now a ‘slow’ midfield with Hepp, Clarke and Langford regularly in there?

1 Like

Coniglio this week. I rate Kelly higher but he will run rings around Clarke.

Having said that most taggers are slow (DeBoer, Hocking, Ling spring to mind)

1 Like

Clarke would be no slower than Parish.

2 Likes

That’s elite. A lot here are quick to forget how decimated our forward line is.

Agree, but Parish doesn’t play a negating role.

And neither does Clarke.

Clarkes job is a run with player that wins his own ball and he’s doing that.

Our issue is our footskills and continually turning over the ball which leaves players caught out of position because they are rushing forward to link up play.

We are ranked 8th on average for disposals yet are ranked 2nd for clangers with on average 59 a game.

We win the ball and then hand it back.

3 Likes

Enough with the insinuations of young guys walking due to minimal game time, fmd.

1 Like

All jokes aside is their a mute button?

3 Likes

yep - under preferences in your avatar button - top right, and click Users, put in name.

update: it only suppresses notifications, not to stop seeing their posts.

7 Likes