ridley hurls redman

fanta stringer tippa
snelling mckernan townsend

Phillips
Shiel Parish Merrett Mcgrath Smith Langford Zaka McKenna Guelfs

Maybe this one?

It’s all over folks. Can’t see how round two we be going ahead next week

2 Likes

all reports hes has had one sensational week on the track which under selection policy is a week short…only 6 days to next game so under the TBC policy there is no way he can be picked in the team this week!

yeah, it’s over

was nice to get one game in

when we had to slow the game down yesterday we couldnt as we had no tall to kick it to down the line…

i thought pre season we knew when to go fast or slow but yesterday we got a bit caught up in the rush as we had no one to kick it to in the 2nd half…

mckernan or stewart gives us that out

he has been pretty poor so far, pre season games included obviously. not much noice about him though.
6 possies and 1 tackle and 1 goal.

if townsend contributed those sorts of stats he’d be flamed as been a richmond reject.

I was actually hoping they’d have ham in rd 1 instead of raz.

The selectors nearly lost it for us yesterday. Freo’s bigmen started to dominate half way through the third quarter. Essendon didn’t have enough height in the picked team. We sure missed Hartley again. Why did they let him go?
Now for Sydney (unless the country is completely shut down). I would like to think Hooker and Smack were available along with Stewart.
Saad, Hurley (A fine not suspended, I hope) Zerk-Thatcher
Redman Hooker Francis
Cutler McGrath Smith
McKenna Smack ( Stewart if Smack isn’t fit ) Stringer
Tippa Laverde (only if Smack isn’t fit, Stewart if he is fit, out Laverde) Townsend
Phillips, Merrett Shiel
INT. Ridley, Langford, Snelling, Parish
OUT: TBC, Fantasia, Guelfi (unlucky) Zakarakis

Zaka/Raz/TBC/Guelfi OUT
Stewey/HAM/Phillips/Conor IN

1 Like

Seriously, what did Guelfi do so wrong yesterday that everyone is listing him as an out??

1 Like

He barely touched the ball in the first half, but after that was very good.
I wouldn’t play him over McKenna.
Wouldn’t drop him for Hams.

Out: Zaharakis, Fantasia, Laverde
In: Phillips, Stewart, McKenna

He was his normal self - just OK.
I think he’s in the bracket where we need to keep trying different options.

Do we know whether Stewart is properly fit?

Has been a year (?) since his last game, did very little in pre-season, would want to be absolutely cherry ripe.

Of course we know. He has just (last week) started to join in full training. That is nowhere near match fit. But then, Bellchambers wasn’t match fit. At least he had had some pre season. Stewart hasn’t played or even trained since April 2019.

1 Like

I saw a couple of training shots and saw a few people calling for him to come in, so I thought I may have missed something.

Tough questions for the selectors in the next few: pick Stewart (or someone else) half-fit, swing Francis forward, pick TBC at full forward and just accept the lack of ground pressure, or keep going with the undersized forwardline.

There’s no silver bullet there.

Surely part of the training routine is for the 20(?) fit guys who don’t play each week to be joined by another 10 top-ups/add-ons, to enable a 15 a side simulation game?
Either that, or truck, woosha, kelly and Katie Lio (finally) get to pull on the boots.

In: Philips, Hooker , McKenna, MCKernan, Ham

Out: TBC Zaka Hurley ( sus ) Fantasia Guelfi

Why is it all over?

If Sydney is a no go due to travel restrictions, any chance we will be playing North next week? Assuming QLD also implements travel restrictions, or Vic for that matter.