Changes for Norf game, Saturday August 17

Wouldn’t be against bringing in Dalgleish for a bit of run off the backline as a replacement for Demps. I can’t see anyone else playing that role.

In: Colyer, Dalgleish and Hurley

Out: Fletch, Winders and Gumby

Who cares.

Give Colyer, Browne, Dell, Stein/Dalgliesh a run.

Ugh I can't even be bothered thinking logically.

Won’t make much difference who plays

Essendon are struggling and lack the required passion/drive/energy to compete with the ‘hungry’ teams they’re coming up against

I guess it doesn’t help when they don’t have functioning forward line

Just play Joe for the rest of the year and let him develop.

The midfield are struggling, again

Hird’s not going to give up on the season and play the kids and will back his senior players to turn it around

Here’s hoping, although it looks like the boys are mentally shot

100% agree. Which is quite disheartening considering he is our leading goal kicker.

He is a senior player, our best goal kicker easily, shouldn't be in the 2nds ever.

KEEP PLAYING GUMBTREE

We lacked run out the back line with Carlisle, Hooker, Fletcher and Pears all playing together. I think Pears is the one to go out of that lot. He has been pretty good, but is getting beaten regularly in aerial contests, and his chip kicks often put his team mates under pressure.

Agreed. Without Licha and Dempsey, Colyer is the obvious choice, even if his form has been a bit dodgy at senior level.

In: Daniher, Kav, Merrett, Crameri

Out: Gumbleton, Winderlich, Kommer, Hardingham

KEEP PLAYING GUMBTREE

This. And play him along side Crameri or Hurley.

This. And play him along side Crameri or Hurley.

Good idea.

In: Hurley, Colyer, NLM (bring him in, we need some kind of aggression), KAV

Out: Gumby, Fletcher (if suspended) Winder,Zaka- harsh but he isn't putting in any defensive effort, sometimes you have to make a statement. I love Zaka but he needs a bit of a reality check.

Ins: Lloyd, J.Johnson, Joe Misiti.

Just for this game.

With the way we've really struggled with opposition sides on the spread and running through the middle.....an attacking down hill skiing side like the roos are gonna make it another ugly week for us based on current form

With the way we've really struggled with opposition sides on the spread and running through the middle.....an attacking down hill skiing side like the roos are gonna make it another ugly week for us based on current form

I can see it unfolding in my head already will probably play spuds like Adams into form as well.

I'd just about sell my soul to win. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

Few things would make me happier than to give North zero points, considering they are among the most outspoken towards us and also stand to benefit the most by possibly finishing 9th.

So yeah.... how bout a miracle, James?

Geez I thought Pears was really good. 16 kicks amongst 24 touches, 10 marks.

Muffed a few kicks, 2 of them pretty costly, but gave us HEAPS of drive. I'd persist.

Ins: Lloyd, J.Johnson, Joe Misiti.

Just for this game.

Mark Johnson get a run too?

Geez I thought Pears was really good. 16 kicks amongst 24 touches, 10 marks - opposed to Darling for most of it, who kicked 2.2, half of that in absolute junk time.

Muffed a few kicks - 2 of them pretty costly - but gave us HEAPS of drive.

Again, if we were bringing a guy in and expected him to keep a good opponent goal-less and offer as much as a rebounder as Dempsey and hit every kick, we're expecting too much. Easily showed enough to persist.

Posted this in the match review thread.

Out: Gumby (corky), Winderlich (hammy), Fletch (susp.)

In: Hurley, Crameri, Kavanagh

B: Pears Carlisle Baguley

HB: Hardingham Hooker Hibberd

C: Stanton Watson Zaharakis

HF: Goddard Hurley Crameri

F: Kommer Bellchambers Davey

R: Ryder Hocking Heppell

I/C: Melksham, Myers, Howlett

Sub: Kavanagh

He is a senior player, our best goal kicker easily, shouldn't be in the 2nds ever.

What we lacked yesterday was a forward who had a clue. Crameri draws much attention, almost as much as he does criticism. We just look more dangerous with him in the side. Yesterday we looked clueless at best, devoid of any sort of confidence, and dysfunctional at best. Davey was completely ineffective, and Winders who looked like he could have made a big difference because he knows where to run and how to play as a forward, broke down early. 

What we lacked yesterday was a forward who had a clue. Crameri draws much attention, almost as much as he does criticism. We just look more dangerous with him in the side. Yesterday we looked clueless at best, devoid of any sort of confidence, and dysfunctional at best. Davey was completely ineffective, and Winders who looked like he could have made a big difference because he knows where to run and how to play as a forward, broke down early. 

Yeah. TRB got egg on their face yesterday. In their defence, Winderlich going down killed them. Crameri has been terrible in the reserves and there is a reason he's been there, we just aren't privy to that info. Irregardless, he'll be back this week.