HB: Kelly Grima Dempsey
C: Jerret Zaharakis Fantasia
HF: Zerret Brown Cooney
F: Bags Langford Eades

R: Looney Goddard Walla

I: Bird Redman Parish Gwilt
Out: Simpkin (inj) Smack (inj) Daniher (VFL time – discipline) Polks, Crowley
In: Langford, Parish, Michael, Eades, Jerret

3 tall defenders to cover 3 NORF Talls (Sam Michael comes in - ruck with Looney)
Walla to be tried more on ball for run at the stoppages (between the arcs Walla, Zaka, Zerret, Jerret, Fanta, Dempsey, Parish and Cooney
The risk is inside vs Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebel where we could get exposed with this line up
Daniher needs a break - THE Langford to play FF and create a more mobile fwd structure
Speed in with Jerret and Eades for his first game and our first game at Etihad
Redman needs 2 in a row
Polks and Crowley make us too slow

EADES

BRING HIM IN

I take it as a positive that Parish and Langers coming in will improve us.

We can't play both Jamar and Loony. Both payers are absolute liabilities when played forward, and already the opposition are running the ball out of defense with minimal pressure.

I don’t think Jamar is a liability forward. He is a great contested mark, and a decent kick.
On the other hand - Michael is handy down back, and is as much a monster as Jamar. Wouldn’t mind seeing him coming in to monster someone - preferably, Waite.

We can't play both Jamar and Loony. Both payers are absolute liabilities when played forward, and already the opposition are running the ball out of defense with minimal pressure.

I don’t think Jamar is a liability forward. He is a great contested mark, and a decent kick.
On the other hand - Michael is handy down back, and is as much a monster as Jamar. Wouldn’t mind seeing him coming in to monster someone - preferably, Waite.

I think Waite would be far too mobile and athletic for Michael. Ben Brown on the other hand…

Brown’s also a very punchable opponent (Waite probably edges Brown on this front), although I can’t think of a Norf player who isn’t.

I think Waite would be far too mobile and athletic for Michael. Ben Brown on the other hand…

You are probably right. Though he has surprised me recently - I thought he was a lot more wooden than he is.
Don’t think he matches terribly well with Brown, either.

IMO

Hartley on Petrie
Grima on Brown
Gwilt on Waite

Don’t think the changes will be too complex this week -

OUT: Simpkin (inj), Polkinghorne
IN: Parish, Langford

Only consideration is bringing in an actual small fwd to allow for Fantasia to be released back upfield as we need his pace and creativity.

In that case McKenna may be selected again but only player really you could see him replacing is Redman and I think he will get another week still. So Baguley might well be starting fwd pocket this week!!

Leave Crowley in. Tell him to hit kunts, starting with that sheet-stain Harvey.

B: Dea Hartley Michael HB: Kelly Grima Dempsey C: Jerret Zaharakis Fantasia HF: Zerret Brown Cooney F: Bags Langford Eades

3 tall defenders to cover 3 NORF Talls (Sam Michael comes in - ruck with Looney)
Walla to be tried more on ball for run at the stoppages (between the arcs Walla, Zaka, Zerret, Jerret, Fanta, Dempsey, Parish and Cooney
The risk is inside vs Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebel where we could get exposed with this line up
Daniher needs a break - THE Langford to play FF and create a more mobile fwd structure
Redman needs 2 in a row

Interesting, Langford has never played FF before. I’d prefer he spent a couple of games in the VFL honing his craft as a big bodied inside mid which is what he is being developed as.

You’re absolutely spot on with being exposed on the inside by their inside mids - we need Leuenberger to have a big game to negate Goldstein giving his mids an armchair ride.

I thought this year was meant to be a developmental year? So why did we play so few young kids yesterday? I’d rather play the kids and lose by 100 than play the seniors and lose by 80 every week.

Tippa and Demps kept us in the game with their speed and run. I’d say we bring in Shaunye, Yestin and Long next week to add some more run. Obviously Parish and Langford to come back too.

In: Parish, Langford, Edwards, Eades, Long, Jerret
Out: Polkinghorne, Simpkin, Bird, Crowley, 2 others

Poor Gwilty. He has a lot of responsibility on his mid-sized shoulders.

Ben Brown can’t run now?
Fark me.
You might want to watch the game today.

B: Dea Hartley Michael HB: Kelly Grima Dempsey C: Jerret Zaharakis Fantasia HF: Zerret Brown Cooney F: Bags Langford Eades

Redman needs 2 in a row

This

I think yesterday showed that endurance is pretty important too.

Out: Simpkin, Smack, Polks, Redman.
In: Langford, Parish, Jerret, Ambrose

Jerrett needs to spend more time in the twos. He needs to get so hungry and string together so many good games there that he never looks back. One good game shouldn’t be rewarded with him, consistency is his biggest problem.

This is going to read a bit ■■■■, but am I the only one who doesn’t get inspired with the talk of Ashby, Jerrett or Gleeson coming in?

Whilst we know this is going to be a tough year, it’s important to stay focused on the build and the player development. So to keep us upbeat for what this year might do for next year and beyond (player development and 2016 ladder/draft position), I thought that I would start with the team line up for next year to get us upbeat about what next year and beyond could bring…

I’ll get started…

B: Francis Hooker Hartley
HB: Walla Hurley Dempsey
C: Zaka Watson Colyer
HF: Zerret Daniher Brown
F: Fantasia Jenkins/Patton Petrevski-Sexton

R: Looney O’Meara Hepp
I: Myers, Bags, Langford, Parish
Emergency: Hocking, Laverde, Stanton
INS: Hooker, Hurley, Heppel, Watson, Colyer, Myers,
NEW: Jenkins/Patton, Jaeger O’Meara, Petrevski-Sexton

This is going to read a bit ■■■■, but am I the only one who doesn't get inspired with the talk of Ashby, Jerrett or Gleeson coming in?

It’s definitely not exciting, but then known quantities never are.

I raised this in another thread, what about throwing Daniher down back for a few weeks? Take some pressure off, let him attack the ball, and maybe learn to use his body from more experienced opponents (Petrie would be a good choice this week). As for the talk on Gwilt and Grima (is there a worse user of the ball in AFL footy), they are not long term answers and will be gone next year. Also I liked the idea of bringing in Michael gives some variety, start him up forward, will contest in the ruck and can be thrown down back, also might find a player for the future (even if we don’t get him).