Changes for Port Adelaide Rd11 2022

This should be good

1 Like

Absolutely agree.
Watching upfield on Saturday and almost all of our mids, flanks & wingers have stopped running to create options coming out of defence. Back to the worst of the Worsfold era.
And why would they run, make dummy leads, try and create space to pass the ball into when Kelly, and to a lesser but significant extent Laverde & Ridley, keep holding the play up until they eventually kick long down the line?
Part of making an effort is that you, or your teammates, get rewarded for doing so.
That’s not happening.
And Kelly is part of the problem.

4 Likes

I think our ideal last line right now is…to have a last line.

Let the rant commence early?

Bring in the kids & fuckem up before they have a chance to develop… brilliantly well thought out plan :+1:.

1 Like

Love the return to the Sunday 4:40pm timeslot.

Our dismally embarrassing performances and lack of heart can’t ruin the weekend until right at the very end.

As for the team changes? I have about as much carefactor on this as Brasher, XC and the board do for change at the club.

4 Likes

Cant agree with your logic here.
In the VFL we can play him precisely the amount of minutes we want.

As the SUB, he might not get on the ground at all, or be on after 5 mins (which has happened multiple times this year), and not have the legs to run out the game.

Im in the… play him VFL this week, then 2 solid weeks on the track before the Blues game.

Dont you want to see him as a forward ?

He lost 2 years thru OP just like Joe, and was asked to learn a new position.
Id really like to see how this version of Stuzz (significantly more muscle mass than 2017) can compliment 2mp and then Jones.

He’s only just turned 28 and in pretty good condition.
Big guys last longer (ie. Hawkins is nearly 34).

I don’t really. He’s been there before. And it didn’t work out.

I’m kind of at the point where I think we should be playing guys who play like they care. I know it will never happen. But I’m just so fkn over losing. And losing with a bunch of dudes who look like they’d rather be anywhere else just makes it 100 times worse.

Fair enough.
Its your opinion.

Just not sure how you extrapolate “not caring” based on 1 poor piece of play on the goal line ?
Clearly you are referring to the embarrasing non touch against Bris.

Going for some tweaks here - time to try something different…

Shiel, McGrath and Hind all in the backline to give us some run. On your bikes as soon as we get the ball in the backline.

Lav, Reid and Ridley take the talls rotating with Kelly and Cutler.

Smith gets a reprieve and tackles and manic pressure is a non negotiable for Smith, Wanganeen, Hobbs and Perkins in the forward line.

Wright and Jones to stay as permanent forwards

Midfield rotations of Parish, Junior, Caldwell, Hobbs, Perkins and Heppel. No more backline for Heppel.

Shows our lack of quality wingers with Martin and Durham though…

Out: Guelfi (inj), Redman (susp), Waterman (omitted), Francis (omitted)
In: Caldwell (if fit), Wanganeen, Ridley , Jones

B: Laverde Reid Mc Grath
HB: Hind Ridley Shiel
C: Martin Merrett Durham
HF: Hobbs Jones Perkins
F: Smith Wright Wanganeen
R: Draper Caldwell Parish
I/C: Kelly, Cutler, Bryan, Heppel

1 Like

Been consistent in the twos and will actually chase and tackle. I’d give him a couple of games he has the smarts and desire. He is the sort of player a faster game with more opportunities would suit. What do we have to lose already know what Smith, Ham bring nothing

This week I’d like to see

B. Lav. BZT McGrath

Hb Francis Reid Hind

C.Durham. Hobbs Perkins

HF Merrett. Wright Martin

F. Wanganeen. Jones , Phillips

R. Draper. Parish, Heppell

IC. Shiel, Brand, Hird, Cutler

2 Likes

we are that bad, can we just try something different for once like hind midfield pushing forward, merrett half back, hobbs a full game in the middle, perkins more midfield, wanganeen a full game

just do something different. anything

3 Likes

Agree WOB - tried to mix it up in my suggested side similarly…

1 Like

Out:
Smith - At GWS, he was never a very good small forward and that was when he had the ability to kick 50 meters and an extra yard of pace to execute a tackle rather than just apply pressure. He is significantly worse in that role at Essendon. Needs to go to the VFL and find a different position or complete that fabled knee strengthening program.

In: Hird - Hird doesn’t really have any weapons but after Wanganeen, he would probably be one of the quickest at the club for picking the ball off the deck and kicking it to boot for a snap on goal. This was something lacking on Saturday where there was a complete absence of roving - largely because roving is not really the game of the likes of Perkins, Waterman, and Guelfi. Being short and getting his head low might also result in defenders being a bit more tentative with tackling for fear of giving away a free kick.

Out: Kelly - Hard to warm to a player that calls for the ball to be kicked sideways to him on the wing from the centre, then stops, surveys options and kicks out on the full. Of the medium defenders, he is the slowest thinker and has the lest run.

In: Zerk - Bigger and stronger than Kelly. Either he could play Kelly’s role, or free Laverde to play Kelly’s role.

Out: Redman - Suspended.
In: Ridley

Out: Francis - Maybe he can find a role in defence in the reserves. If VFL is beneath him and he needs to go on personal leave again, perhaps an early retirement could open a spot in the mid-season draft for a midfielder.

In - Jones. Didn’t have great stats in the VFL but moved well and has a proven record in the firsts.

Out: Guelfi - Injured
In: Ham - Will do some nice things in addition to showing lots of endeavour on the way to losing contests. Is depth and depth is needed.

Where’s Stringer? Where’s Langford? Where’s Snelling? Who else is missing? What the hell are our fitness/medical,staff doing?

So many questions

3 Likes

Don’t mind this. I have no objections to giving Hird a run

Out: Rutten
In: Leon Cameron and a proper game plan.

Sick of the bullcrap this guy spins every week, the lack of game awareness and flexibility.

i just never want to see Cutler in the red and black again, becoming my most hated player to ever play for the club, he’s got no passion for the jumper, or competetiveness, the very definition of a paycheque footballer, he is the least EFC person i’ve ever seen, especially if want to go back to being a ruthless team of hard nuts

3 Likes