Changes for Sydney - who will make room for Myers

They will know what to do but they don’t have the capacity to execute for 4x quarters.

Generally xonor is found wanting in big games due to wanting to do flashy stuff in higher pressured zones and generally players around him not handling said pressure.

Yes he does look super flashy against cap teams , but he gets found out in big games.

Mods putting out spot fires?

1 Like

In: Bolton
Need him to shut Goodes down.

4 Likes

In: Lavender

16 Likes

Agree. A home crowd, small boggy ground will help them. If the Swans win they do it under a couple of goals I feel…

But geez except a Geelong win, this season is looking super hard to predict.

Personally I just think Tippa has more credits. I think Guelfi is probably more likely to go out than both of them (I know you named Guelfi as an out as well). I didn’t mind Guelfi today(he didn’t get much of it, but I thought he was good in the 1st qtr and contributed to our first 2 goals), but I won’t be too worried if Bags stays in and Guelfi goes out.

Wow… Just wow.

Last week we earnt a win.

How can you be upset about today. Geelong clearly the better side. Although I am lonely suggesting we aint 6 goals behind them.

Myers to replace Langford is a no brainer.
You would think that with Draper managed at VFL level there is a reasonable chance he will come in for Belly.
Missing a lead up forward - big call but maybe Gown to replace Francis
If Raz is fit then either Walla or Bags (most likely) may get a rest too.

1 Like

No chance we win this. Swans are due for a win.

1 Like

I think the scoreboard flattered them significantly. We should have been 2 or 3 goals up at qtr time. It helped them a lot that they kicked their first 6 shots at goal. I reckon a difference in scoreboard pressure early would have meant a totally different game

5 Likes

They were both very much missed today.
Brown is 3 weeks away.

We have already lost it, if we looking forward to having Myers back

1 Like

Exactly.

Could not agree more.

1 Like

Ham and Raz in

2 Likes

Completely disagree, some rose coloured glasses on here.

They pulled our pants down and smacked our bare ■■■■■.
They put it in cruise control and could’ve won this by 8 goals plus.

They are miles better.

1 Like

They marked the ball inside 50 in good position. Thats why they kicked straight.

We put an extra on the ball and kicked under pressure into a forward one down. Against a very experienced back six…

Make no mistake, the game was played on Geelongs terms.

But yes. Some first quarter scoring pressure and I think we would have handled Geelongs defensive pressure better.

I was really impressed by their midfield group.

Lots of learnings. :wink::joy:

3 Likes

With the 2s playing well there is a great opportunity to get some fresh(er) legs in.

IN Draper, Ham, Myers & Fanta
OUT Belly* (rested/injured), Guelfi, Bags, Langford

*thought Belly was well on top, and so were we around the ball, until he hurt his calf. Key moment in game.

2 Likes

Are you saying we are crap???

What the ■■■■ were you watching. That was an insipid performance devoid of spirit, energy or skill. It was simply appalling.

2 Likes