Changes for the Blues

Long has not had a meaningful impact at VFL level so would really struggle at AFL level. I’d guess his number is up at season end.

1 Like

BIG

AUDIO

2 Likes

DYNAMITE

6 Likes

it will give me the ■■■■■ if we bomb away all day and Docherty sits back cleaning up again. For this game, I wouldn’t be against Howlett coming in as a defensive forward just for the purpose of being accountable for Docherty.

flame away

2 Likes

“If I had my time again
I would do it all the same
And not change a single thing
Even when I was to blame”

It’s the song woosha has on the iPod pre-game.

3 Likes

We literally put our feet up and watched JJ and Bont single handidly destroy us. Why would we put anyone on docherty? If you have him in your SuperCoach, put the captain on him. 170 coming up

1 Like

Out- Myers(if he is injured) or Jobe(rested if Myers is fit), Laverde (it’s too late in the year for development, other kids are more ready), Hartley (if Ambo is fit, we just need a lock down defender),

In- Bird (no brainer we need his type and him), Begley (unless Green is fit nobody else can play that role), Ambrose (only if he’s ready.

I’d even be tempted to bring in Stanton or Howlett.

Honestly if Bird doesn’t come in then Woosha has some lingering hate from the West Coast/ Sydney head to head days. Bloke needs to be play every game for the rest of the year.

Might be the right game to rest Hurley too. He’s struggling with the physical aspects of the game and his body looks like it can have a break.

1 Like

The real test of Woosha’s aversion to tagging will be next week when we play Adelaide. Rory Sloane is literally night and day when he is tagged as against when he isn’t. He goes from being just about the most damaging player in the comp to completely ineffectual. In the last three weeks alone:

8 disposals and no goals (50 champion data points) against Melbourne (tagged)
28 disposals and 3 goals (169 champion data points) against Geelong (not tagged)
16 disposals and no goals (36 champion data points) against Collingwood (tagged)

I don’t care who needs to sacrifice their game, it just needs to be done. If Woosha lets him roam free I will run on and tag him myself.

15 Likes

Blitz to crowd fund j_w’s fine for ground invasion? I’m in for $100.

6 Likes

Again, name the player who would have been used to tag said players?

OUT: Hooker (for being a spaz)
IN: Ambo

DONE

1 Like

Anyone that has a defensive bone in their body can be used as a tagger. Greenwood is a absolute shittruck but does a good job and Rockcliff was given the job on Gibbs last week. You just have to have someone willing to sacrifice their own stats to nullify opponents. You will never cut out a player completely but limiting a Gibbs, Sloane etc to 18 touches instead of their usual 28 can be the difference. Look at what happened to Zac on the weekend

1 Like

That would, at the very least, show a sign of analysing our opponents strengths & doing something to try to counter them.

why not both?

no so much that he wasn’t ready, as much as he’s an 18 game kid… not a 150 game superstar.

The froth on a kid who’s done basically nothing, in spite of what potential he might have, was utterly ridiculous.

2 Likes

While that was the vibe a month ago, I get the feeling that has changed in the last month. It’s not all there yet, but he’s getting a little more of it, and getting involved in score assists etc judging by the limited commentary that I’ve seen. His numbers at VFL level are only at the level Colyer puts out at AFL level, but his game translates ok to the next level up.

I’m not saying I’d necessarily do it, but if you are not happy with Colyer’s form, there are not a lot of options that won’t impact on the balance of our side from a speed perspective. I’d prefer to make the straight swap with Long than slow us down with a different option, or to throw our defensive group out by trying to push McKenna or McGrath up the ground and find a suitable back half replacement.

Or you just back Colyer in.

3 Likes

you can bet all the money in the world well let them play a loose man behind the ball…also add that they’ll have another spare on the defensive side of every stoppage as well who we wont pick up…we should just tag gibbes and its game over !

1 Like

Nothing surer that Sloan won’t get a tag, include Gibbs as well. Nothing surer that they’ll both get over 30 posies each and also a sprinkle of goals. ■■■■■■ annoys me that time and time again we get destroyed by individuals who are out and out guns but we don’t do a thing about it.

1 Like

Agree 1000%
All clubs have one player whose only purpose in life is to be know as SuperPest.
Even one hard tag on JJ or Bont might have won us yesterday’s game.
Giving JJ the braceeandbits after his first goal would have put him off his game for sure.

1 Like