Changes for the Crows

So give 'em the the bird, the D, the nern and the Jackski?

3 Likes

On that basis you would also drop Fanta, Tippa, Daniher, Langford, and Hooker.

1 Like

Different scenario altogether. Hocking hasn’t been a part of team since round1, hence clearly seen as depth/ not been up to scratch. As a depth player he’s come in and not performed in conditions which ideally should suit him.

The others bar Langford have performed well over the first 2 rounds, Langford certainly would be in gun but our lack of 3rd tall fwd options has probably kept him in team.

All the forwards struggled on the weekend, wet day and complete lack of inside 50’s and fluent ball movement will do that. I wouldn’t be viewing them for the most part in same light as mids.

So what you are saying is you are happy to make excuses for everyone else but not for Hocking?

Well to be honest they all had a lot more touches than that, it is just that only the ones that stick are the ones that are counted. If more of our players could have held on to the footy and not cough it up as soon as contact was made we would have been better off for it. Some bad wet weather footy played, but those conditions are also a raffle and the ball does things that just defy logic. Sometimes it sticks when you don’t expect it to and other times it might as well be a well oiled piglet in a mud patch. When the biggest spud on the field is made to look spectacular because they stick their hand out one time and the footy sticks at the same time as the most skillful players are made to look like their playing hot potatoes then you know anything can happen. It is only if you have played in weather like that will you know what I mean.

It wasn’t just you HAP, but I am amazed at how we get the whole “everyone was ■■■■■” so drop them all after one loss played in atrocious weather conditions. How we need to set the message and tone early and drop players, etc. FFS, get a grip we are 2 - 1, in seventh possie and the game we lost might have well have been a game of water polo with a bar of soap… Give the team some time to play together and develop some sort of team cohesion. It is not hard to see why a lot of you are keyboard warrior coaches and not doing it for real.

That loss will certainly sting a hell of a lot and add some steel to a few players for the coming week. Getting embarrassed like that will bring out a different mindset next week, IMHO. I am more confident going to Adelaide with the loss than I would have been with the win, strangely.

You would think they would want to give McGrath a rest soon, but is it worth dropping him ahead of the Crows who have some good nippy forwards?

Out: Wet Weather, Blitzers going “Full Fark Carlton”
In: Dry Track (BOM shows warm and cloudy),

3 Likes

I’m actually saying the opposite. I don’t think you could really single out any forward after this week, the ball didn’t get down there, when it did there was no pace or system to it, and unsurprisingly they all found it hard to have an impact.

Then we’re ■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Can Stewart ruck?

I expect 3+ changes based purely on the fact that it’s a 6 day break after playing in very draining conditions.

Langford to stay in just to watch a few heads around here explode.

2 Likes

If he does stay in I hope he has a blinder!

1 Like

No that’s your take.

Against the players you mentioned I’m saying fwds are reliant on midfields performance and thus get more slack in this instance since the ball was hardly in our fwd line (starved of opportunity).

Langford falls into same category however been poor first two weeks also when we won the games.

Hocking came in as an inside mid. Hardly got near the footy and didn’t do a stopping job either. Didn’t contribute effectively when there was nothing preventing him from doing so unlike the fwds.

Midfield is where we lost the game. Hocking one of many of our mids who weren’t much chop.

Would keep Hocking in on the basis that if Sloane is dominating, he can run with him. They’ve lost McGovern and we’ll probably find out during the week if Jenkins plays, so that may limit the tall defenders we play. We need to pick a team who can go goal for goal cause its fact that they’re the highest scoring team in the comp, with their mids and small forwards consistently getting on the scoreboard, meaning we may need small defenders who can play both lock-down and attacking roles. In the end, our mids need to step up considering how wide spread and dominant they’ve consistently been in the middle. Don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m going to be intrigued.

1 Like

I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Tippa got dropped after his last two.

Hocking had a lot less time on the ground than the others.

Doubtful as he was one of only a handful players in the team who took the ball cleanly and ran it forward on multiple occasions

Probably as the mids were being heavily rotated since they were in thick of the action.

all your changes ! relies on the weather conditions ,if it’s going to rain like it did on Sunday, you have to go with a smaller size

3 kicks in a full game of footy is putrid.

His last quarter v Brisbane was very good

1 Like