Changes for the Crows

Have people forgotten that Jerrett has played 54 mostly underwhelming games, so underwhelming that they speak of his one +30 possession game in reverent terms.

Chris_64 said most of Jerrett’s goals were sneaking out the back, running forward of play & running into open goals - the very one thing a lot of midfielder’s were doing against FC (except the kicking goals bit)

IN: Green, Francis
OUT: Zaka, Langford

Keep Hooker forward.

Brown another week, wasn’t bad.

2 Likes

Its Betts that we have to injure!

I’d drop Baguley before Gleeson at this point. Not by much.

3 Likes

Whilst he is not super fit ( wait until next year) Francis is now fit enough to play AFL imo.

1 Like

Would love to beat the Cows in their own backyard.
Hope Tippas up for a bit of cow tipping

And if it rains again?

That is an over-reaction. I just cant see the club making that many changes in one hit.
The selection o f the best team at round 1 was based on 3 months of performances on dry grounds, now people want to throw all that away based on one game in the rain.Nah.

3 Likes

Out: Colyer and Langford

Think it is a bit unfair to drop Hocking on the basis of one game in two years or whatever. Think he should at least get two or three.
None of the returning players have been on fire. Jobe and Heppell getting lots of it but only at 50% efficiency. Hurley showing how he misses Hooker and Carlisle. Baguely ordinary as are Stanton and Colyer.
Also don’t think we should be dropping anyone else who just came in for that game such as Brown.

I think any changes should be around Langford and Zaha (who has shown even though he played last year he is more out of touch than the returning players.)

I don’t see the VFL so not sure who should come in, but sick of hearing about Francis. You would think there are no other players in the VFL side toiling away to get a game in the AFL.
I do believe we should reward performance so bring in someone from the VFL who deserves a game. And if they are not like for like then be creative and move a few players around. Didnt do Sheedy’s teams any harm.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s unfair to drop Hocking. You either perform or your out. The first game back argument is irrelevant. Heppell was clear BOG 1st game, Watson close to in 2nd game.

Hocking didn’t negate opposition stars. He didn’t contribute as an inside ball winner, only 10 possessions. Passenger.

Bird had 26 in the first half alone for 2’s.

It’s a no brainer IMO. Bird can play a semi accountable role whilst also ball hunting and is a clear upgrade on Hocking.

3 Likes

Hocking was lucky to be Brought in on the back of average vfl form. He’s depth only now for mine

4 Likes

In. Francis, Dea, Green
Out: Langford, Gleeson, Hocking.

Stewart unlucky, but his time will come imo.
Dea in for Gleeson because Adelaide tend to go tall up front, and Dea is far better suited to that than than Gleeson.

Hocking out because he shouldn’t have been there last week.

1 Like

why are everyone putting so much emphasis on VFL practice matches? Surely up there with the NEAFL for an indicator for potential AFL form.

I’d let the VFL get underway in earnest before reading into players form.

In: Greene, Stewart, dea
Out: langford, hocking, brown

I actually really like this post and agree with all of it bar the following.

Did JM really play in the Zaha mould? Or did he get a few cheapies playing out the back pocket?
As I’ve said I think Brown was good yesterday so it’d be a rough drop for mine but Hartley is required and too good for the 2s. An interesting one.
Happy to give Dea a go but Gleeson was good yesterday IMO and I feel the constant attempts by Blitz to drop him is just banging heads against a wall every week. It just won’t happen.

I don’t have any attachment to Hocking but if we’re going to drop him can we teach some other ■■■■ in the team to block? Did anyone notice him doing it constantly yesterday? It’s fkn handy and he’s the only bloke on our list who either knows how to do it or has any desire to.

9 Likes

Now that I’ve calmed down, I’ve accepted the fact that we lost a game of water polo yesterday.

I was happy with the team we had the first 2 rounds.

Hartley comes in for Brown
Green comes in for either hocking or Langford

There’s a case for:
Franga, Bird, Belly and Dea for:
Stanton, Gleeson, Zaka but just won’t happen.

5 Likes

Agreed @EMILIO78, the condition were terrible and listening to Woosha he was disappointed with the cohesion of the team under those circumstances (read Leadership, particularly up forward).

Harts is first choice if fit over Brown. Its like-for-like, but Harts is the first option. Same with Green as a first option just behind Raz, and just in front of Walla, as goal hungry, pressuring small forward.

Yes, there is a case for Stewart or Jerret based on form in the twos, but I don’t believe Langers is quite as bad as the majority of Blitzers thinks he is. He’s a bit of a new-generation Stanton whipping boy in my opinion, given he’s only a third year 2nd round draft pick. And dropping Stants - no, just no. He’s an elite endurance runner and kick and yesterday’s reenactment of the Great Flood just did not suit him at all.

Look I’m not really happy with Zaka, but it feels like he hasn’t been dropped for 150 games, is there really the case for dropping him 1 game later? I’ll reserve this until at least after the Melbourne game.

I do think the Coaches and Fitness staff will be looking at McGrath and/or Parish for a rest very soon, and personally I would love for both of them to be as fresh as daisies for Anzac Day.

I also believe Stewart is the better 2nd ruck option over Joe, that is if a.) his form warrants it (sounds like it does), and b.) Bellchambers isn’t ready yet, and c.) Smack isn’t wanted.

So for me:
INS: Hartley, Green, Jerret, Stewart (emerg)
OUTS: Brown, McGrath, Parish.

Well we aren’t going to just not make changes due to the reserves only playing VFL practice matches… We have to base form off something, and i’d go out on a limb here and say VFL practice matches are probably a better indicator of form than the training track.