Changes for the match v racists

From training report…

1 Like

When will Wright start doing this? I don’t want to keep knocking the bloke but this particularly penny is defying the Laws of Gravity right now…

7 Likes

He’s been in the ruck 3 of the 5 games. Looked ‘ok’ in round 1.

Wright should be viewed as much as development prospect as the kids. We’ve got him for the long term.

2 Likes

If they are keeping Wright in the team then I would have preferred to bring in Bryan instead of Phillips.

Either way, surely no more Cox in the ruck which is a relief.

2 Likes

So far for us he’s had the Hawks game only to do so

We got murdered in first quarter by Port and hardly got it forward. Then for remainder of Port game had to go into ruck with Draper out injured.

And been #1 ruck for the 3 games after vs Saints/Swans/Lions

Rd1 as a fwd/ruck - 16 disposals @ 75%DE, 3 marks. 1 goal, 1 goal assist. 7 score inv. 6 hitouts

Plus couple of poor physical efforts with ball on deck/marking contests.

But did also take out a Hawks player who dropped into the hole.

Hopefully he improves on his R1 outing. Hits the scoreboard more. More marks/competitiveness.

Fkn fire up 2 Litre!

3 Likes

I watched them both close up last week. Bryan certainly is the future but Phillips played a good strong contested game. He’s much bigger bodied than Bryan & that’s what we need this week.
Grundy would murder Bryan,

3 Likes

Watching the Hawthorn game live one thing I noticed about him is his starting position…he isn’t the quickest forward going around but he got caught behind his defender a lot and when we were looking for him to contest the mark down the line he wasn’t always there. That was a massive issue with us last year when we tried to exit our D50 and stops us setting up the ground. I understand he wasn’t recruited as a ruckman but does that excuse some of his efforts around the ground where he’s not using that body of his to get up and in front of his opponent? I hope someone at the club can find a way to unlock just a bit of mongrel in him…it could transform him into a pretty serious player.

4 Likes

Where’s the team

24 hours away mate

1 Like

I had no idea Stewart was near ready? Is that a risk?

Seems like one but the way they have been so far with injury management/returns you’d think if he is selected he’s good to go

1 Like

Will both teams soooooo be fined when they play the VFL game prior to the AFL team announcement?

VFL for the Pies have names Mason Cox and Sier in the team. So the BF Pies board are pretty sure the changes for them will be

3 Likes

A lot of experience out for Pies.

Playing the kids.

As are we.

1 Like

I thought they’d bring in Mason Cox for sure to stretch our defence.

3 Likes

I hope they bring in Mason Cox to stretch our defense, he’s legit useless.

1 Like

I am not a massive fan of both Hooker and Wright in the forward line but hey ho let’s see what happens. Would have been nice to give Jones one more game and Anzac game debut.

1 Like

2 METER PETER is staying ■■■■■

1 Like

Thats rough

We all know 2MP is not a ruck but we used him as a ruck anyway :rofl: