Changes v Brisbane - round 4, 2019 - the speculation thread

Myers, and underdone hooker , what could possibly go wrong, not as uf theres any evidence to suggest its a bad idea.
But hey, its the essendon way right, why change.

2 Likes

There is no doubt the last 12 games last year Myers was playing very good footy. He was always in top three in clearances, contested possessions and outside of Smith kicked goals quite regularly. Club rate his leadership so I am willing to back him in. He has to perform though as his first two games(like the rest of Mids) were forgettable. His turn to up the stakes this week.

5 Likes

Hooker trained at AFL volume running/intensity on Saturday. They’ve prepared him as best for the game as they can.

Not sure why his inclusion causing angst @darkknightpheonix

I’m over moon he’s in either fwd or back

Myers not so much.

7 Likes

wait Is francis a confirmed out already??

what the ■■■■ is this club doing, play the ■■■■■■■ youth.

That’s the exact reason I don’t want myers coming back in unless a younger player is injured.
Myers isn’t going to be around for the next premiership and its not like hes that good anyway so just play the ■■■■■■■ youth.

Bring Langford back in if they are desperate for a bigger player, if not bring in D Clarke.

■■■■ Off X Clarke and bring in Draper.

this club is run by idiots I swear.

1 Like

Might be ok. Loses out in the height department, but Hipwood marks out in front anyway.

The team hasn’t even been named yet, ya nong.

1 Like

Worsfold… Thompson… Hird… plus 4-5 midfield assistant coaches… have all had him best 22, for over a decade.
Yeah, probably just because he’s from WA.

6 Likes

Guelfi to be dropped because he’s from WA.

I see a pattern.

6 Likes

If you are genuinely asking the first sentence is a bit ridiculous.

His strengths are that in 2018 he averaged more than 10 contested possessions per game with only Hepp and Zach marginally higher. He was equal with Hepp in clearances. He tackles strongly. He provides leadership.

My opinion is that we have no-one able to replace this currently in the twos. D Clarke is put up by some but is miles off this input.

That’s my take but that differs to a number who put forward different views yesterday. Everyone sees things differently and most don’t see it this way. Bit similar to the views on Zaka prior to last week.

Colyer traded for pick 927261 because he’s from WA.

3 Likes

He use to have a bit of toe and athleticism. Definitely does not have that now

Do you watch the footy?

2 Likes

Just too many spoof accounts. It’s getting ridiculous. If you can’t beat 'em with reason, bash 'em with multi’s.

3 Likes

I Think its hard to say that someone like D Clarke would be miles off this level of production when he hasn’t been given a run of games to show what hes capable of.

When Myers was in the Vfl Last season his numbers wernt that much better than D clarkes.

1 Like

it’s incontrovertible

Did you forget the /s, or ? I’m confused

We’ve been pretty good during that decade too…

Not sure if some people on here accept mediocrity but I’d rather give kids a go to see if that can excel at the level

1 Like

Definitely?

I see brain-dead people.

5 Likes

You’re right. The contested footy and clearance numbers of Myers are fact as is his leadership. My thoughts on Clarke as a replacement are just opinion.

1 Like