Changes v Brisbane - round 4, 2019 - the speculation thread

Yeah, that’s a great argument.

We have been terrible the whole time.

2 Likes

Which part of what I wrote seemed like sarcasm and which part do you disagree with?

I think we should definitely be playing our youth over the older players who might produce a little bit more now, but wont be around for a premiership.

Plus I think a lot of our younger players that aren’t getting a huge run in the seniors could be pretty good. I think theres no harm in playing Dylan Clarke over Myers and likewise Draper over X Clarke. I actually don’t even know why we recruited X Clarke, I thought Draper was going to take the next step this year.

He was never much different. No leap, no agility, decent tank and surprisingly quick at top speed.

Is it Dylan Clarke brought in for his athleticism?

Also a few weeks back someone pointed out that the colour of the training shirts is a good indicator of who is playing in which side and it turned out that they were correct.

going off of that again it would seem guelfi has been dropped and myers isn’t playing this week either.

redman in for guelfi?

However Hooker is in red so im not sure.

Yes, you’ve got me.

I have a huge hard-on for mediocrity.

I wish I was as cool as you.

3 Likes

I had no idea we even did recruit X Clarke.

1 Like

Woops I meant to put a Z haha sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

Do we have Raph as well?

Apology accepted.

1 Like

I understand why fans want to favour young players

But there is an extreme over-bias to young players, every time things aren’t going well. It comes in like a wave drop everyone over 27 bring in youngsters.

This is the Carltank mentality!

Yes promote youngsters when they make the best 22 or if = with older players favour them…

The club strategy is to bring through the players 24-28 together, this is why we have recruited players in this age group and traded away draft picks…it’s not an immediate thing either as these players need time to play together. Teams

So after every loss we can’t give up and drop everyone over 27 and bring in everyone under 22 and throw out the strategy. If you keep doing this after every loss… might as well give away the next 6-7yrs.

I don’t agree with all selections but some of the fans suggestions are even worse, they don’t even look at match ups just “oh they brought in an old guy for a young guy”.

Have concerns over Langfords form and more importantly pace, this new 6-6-6 rule favours quicker players and he has been exposed for speed,intensity & running both ways in the JLT and 1st 2 rds. Hopefully we can think our way around this - maybe give up on the midfield and stay fwd. The need for bigger bodies is les now as congestion is less…Cripps is quick and big for example.

8 Likes

Ok, let’s see:

**wait Is francis a confirmed out already??

A: No

what the ■■■■ is this club doing, play the ■■■■■■■ youth.

A: Ahm…No, not ‘yes’. When you say ‘play the youth’, who are you talking about? Name them and who they replace, otherwise it’s impossible to make your point clearly.

That’s the exact reason I don’t want myers coming back in unless a younger player is injured.

A: What’s the ‘exact reason’? You didn’t mention one. And if you’ve been reading, Francis - who hasn’t been omitted yet, may have an injury.

Myers isn’t going to be around for the next premiership and its not like hes that good anyway so just play the ■■■■■■■ youth.

A: Well, you don’t know that. Hopefully, we win one this year. Or next. It’s possible. And when you say ‘he’s not good anyway’ you are kinda just tagging along with the general trope in here. The fact is, like him personally or not, he brings value to the team, in a number of ways. Otherwise he wouldn’t be selected. Because despite what delusions of grandeur people have - the coaches have a fair idea of who has value or not.

Bring Langford back in if they are desperate for a bigger player, if not bring in D Clarke.

A: Who said anything about ‘desperate for a big player’? What has Draper got to do with either Francis or Myers? Or D.Clarke. You’re all over the place, and it makes for confusing reading - hence why I asked whether you were being sarcastic.

■■■■ Off X Clarke and bring in Draper.

A: Here again - you’ve brought in another popular Blitzism with Xavier Campbell. Hard not to see this as sarcasm, or something worse.

this club is run by idiots I swear.

A: …and…I rest my case your Honour.

3 Likes

I think it’s time the mods put in a new rule that newbies have to have their posts proof read before being posted.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree with the point you are making 100%

But I just feel as if the younger players can produce to a similar standard, and especially the ones Who can eventually produce to a higher standard I.e Draper over Z Clarke then they should be playing now.

Wow it’s like I’ve walked into some volcanic action here. It’s not yet full melt down, just waiting on the selections to come out.

Francis should play back unless injured.
Hooker could play back or forward. Ditto Brown. Myers as a replacement for Mutch, he doesn’t help us with the future but may be able to help with the now and we need to win games now.

If the Guelfi is going out of the side, Redman is the only one I’d consider as is also good defensively & has some great attributes ( better in the air perhaps ) although less flexible than Guelfi & not as good looking. Redman may not have the required fitness level though after only one game back in the VFL.

Perhaps Brown doesn’t come into the side & the only replacements are Myers & Hooker for Mckernan & Mutch. With Hooker to play forward.

I note that Begleys successful return has generated a bit of media on EFC site.
He has done a shed load of work, and despite people wanting him to be a mid, he isn’t there yet. What he is though is a one touch aggressive highly skilful forward who will kick & set up goals with only a handful of possessions.

I’d give him one more good performance in the VFL and bring him into the team. If he can lift his defensive pressure & gets some tackles he simply must replace Bags - he is just too good to leave out of our side & offers massive upside for us. The new 6x6x6 would suit his contested aggressive highly skilled style and would be a mare to match up on. Pending a good game this week he must come in to our side.

These are just my early morning musings.
We are under dogs this week despite the MCG game. I like this as I want the boys to give it everything .
Go bombers

You are probably right, but I would like to point out that Draper has been nominated in the squad once this year. He has been close even before being BOG by light years on Sunday and destroying TBell at training on Wednesday.

1 Like

Is this what excites you,

Coming on a fan forum, Dissecting what people have to say and replying in essay form to make them look like idiots?
if so you have a very sad life mate.

I asked a question which I was unsure of the answer of about Francis being played this week or not and that warrants you trying to take the ■■■■ of out me?

When I say play the Youth I’m talking about Dylan Clarke, Im talking about Mynott, Im talking about Getting Redman back in asap. And I did mention A reason, we have younger players who I feel can produce to a similar result as myers yet we aren’t picking them, we are sticking with the same formula that has gotten us no where in the last 15 years. It’s kind of hypocritical that you even brought that point up considering you posted in another thread that Clarke should be given a run over Myers…

Bring Langford back in IF they want a bigger body.
see the word if? know what it means?
I said if that’s why they like Myers I feel like they should give Langford that position instead. Again, IF. IF there’s another reason that’s fine.

Did you watch the JLT game where Clarke played?
Did you watch last week?

He is not a serviceable Ruckman. Why is he getting a game ahead of a younger player who could turn into anything?

You need to go outside and enjoy the sun or something mate, for some reason you like to attack people on here and its pathetic.

I rest my case.

EDIT- if you think we are winning a Premiership this year you are just as cooked as Worsforld and I don’t know why I’m reading anything you have to say.

1 Like

No - you asked, and I answered. Not going to bother reading the rest, cheers :slight_smile:
My life is great!

1 Like

No worries cry baby Ill do the same whenever you post too. xox

10 Likes

A lot of this is spot on

1 Like