Changes V Freo

Goddard said this morning that Jobe has a foot issue at the moment which is why he’s been rested lately. So not sure he’s a certainty this week.

I believe they (the AFL) committed to it for two years before they settled on the bye round. I reckon they’ll probably continue with it on the basis that they can maximise ratings in the last round.

2 Likes

1 Like

Anyone go to training?? Any clues on ins this week??

Jobe and Stants to be on the ground Sunday.

In a car or doing a lap before the game.
They’ve been ■■■■■■ brilliant, but if we’re serious about making the finals and building for the future, I hope there is a mutual understanding that they are not in the team this week.

Knowing their class, they would have started that conversation.

When I need a good feed I do that too, but it is a ritual for me as others have said, it’s always a beer & a meat pie during the game without fail. The whole experience just doesn’t feel the same for some reason, I can’t quite explain it, maybe it’s good old memories.

I don’t buy anything else, although with the kids on the odd occasion (who seem to constantly be hungry no matter how much you feed them) I will buy some hot chips. Just to keep them distracted & a bit quite if nothing else, it can be a long day for them.

1 Like

Just outside the Etihad stadium, there are about 5 decent food venues, where you can get decent food at a price which is value for money. You can sit down, have a beer / wine with your meal in civilised manner, then walk 50 metres to the gate.

2 Likes

At the MCG, there is quite a good venue, called the Paddock, its very popular, but its not cheap. A plate and beer is going to cost $30, but I can see that with a young family, a $2 pie this Sunday at Etihad has some attraction. Jeez, I might even splurge $12 on a pie and beer myself, just for old times sake !

The NRL has the last 3rd of their fixture as a floating fixture so they can put the best teams on in prime time. I expect the AFL will move to this eventually but why only one? Yeah that makes zero sense

Anyone know why Walla didn’t train? I’ll be getting seriously worried if he’s injured.

So the AFL can maximise their profit

Or they’re resting him?

Woosha mentioned Howlett and Colyer playing this week.

Maybe they’re being brought in to replace Green and Tippa?

Resting Tippa in a do or die match a week before a bye (if we go through) when we are already down a Fanta and Green?

If that’s the case I’ll be prepping the microwave.

8 Likes

If Freo are going to clog our fwd line with 400 players, maybe a bit of Benny-H-tackling-grunt wouldn’t go astray. Keep it locked in our fwd line.

Next week is a bye. He can rest then. We need him this week, especially without Green and Fantasia.

3 Likes

Oh I absolutely agree. I wouldn’t want him rested.

But I don’t think he was mentioned as being injured last week so I couldn’t think of any other reason for him not to train.

Unless it’s something to do with his training load?

Making me nervous with talk about Walla not training!!!

He did stay on longer in the gold coast after the game so maybe he didnt train cause he only just got back

The week off is to stop mass resting of players so that TV rights holders still get a reasonably genuine game to telecast.

The floating fixture is also to prevent rigging of results when make up of the final 8 depends on outcome of other games. Those games can then be scheduled at similar times so that players don’t necessarily know what margins they need to influence the final 8. The week off does nothing to change this.

2 Likes

That’s not at all correct and one only needs to look at this years fixture, where the eagles will know exactly how much they have to win by when their game starts at 440, after ours which will be finished by then.

If the league were even slightly concerned with the integrity of the finals series they would play all the final round games at the same time like the Premier League. Or even perhaps have a comp where teams play each other the same amount of times?

4 Likes