Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

OUT: Jobe, Stants, Kelly, Zaka, Loony
IN: Myers, Gleeson, T-bell, Hocking/Bird, Dea

Playing TBell allows JoeD more time on the ball. could be a nightmare for the opp.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say he was pretty stuffed, but his last effort where he tried to copy the tippa spinning ball take then after missing he followed up with 4 - 5 efforts that kept pressure on the footy was great.

1 Like

Kelly has previously stated that heā€™d likely miss several interstate games this year.

My bet is that heā€™ll play his 299th against the Demons, miss the Freo trip, then bring up 300 against the Cats

28 Likes

Surely a bunch of changes, 5 day break is the perfect excuse to rest some of the returnees and melbourne are missing a few players so we should still have the advantage

Bellchambers, Stewart, Myers, Gleeson, Mckenna, Bird, Langford, Howlett, Hocking, Iā€™d like to think are all a chance

2 Likes

Agree with this. Also wouldnā€™t mind McKenna coming back in. And Iā€™d be disappointed if the coaches bought Francis in without being confident that heā€™d be able to back up for Melbourne. Though he was toally knackered out there today.

Weā€™ll definitely sees a few changes given his sins struggled to get up for the crows. Jobe is a near certainty to miss Iā€™d have thought. Myers seems the obvious replacement.

I think Stanton should be straight out dropped. Bird in for mine.

Hurley was much better today but had struggled a bit with recovery. Hartley comes in but only if necessary.

How does old man Kelly come up in 4 days. Probably questions on bags form but it will be his fitness that will be under pressure next Sunday. He got to a lot of contests in the last too. Gleeson and McKenna both in line.

Green seemed to get a knock at one point and has already copped one strain. Is a four day turn around too much. Another look at howlett, maybe McKenna out perhaps mutch with zaha to play more forward.

Iā€™ll be surprised if Francis can come up in 4 days. Langford gets another go.

Thought luey was really good today, heā€™ll know if his body is ready but if not tbell is now ready to go. Ditto hooker for Stewart.

Crowā€™s most important week for the year. Woosh and the players will need to be honest about whether they are ready to go.

I think we need to be careful not go over the top with the number of changes. Probably about 4 out 5 feels like the upper limit.

Most likely:

Jobe - Myers
Stanton - bird
Francis - Langford

4 Likes

Francis will still be puffing by Sunday, no shame in skipping this game and being ready to go for Freo

You need continuity in your side where possible. Again, Iā€™d hope they didnā€™t pick him just to rest him with a view to then coming back in for Freoā€¦

Itā€™s round 6. We wonā€™t be resting players.

The only change I can see is Myers in for someone to help combat Melbournes inside brutes Jones, Oliver, Viney, Brayshaw, etc.

My tip is Myers for Francis/Stanton or simply no changes.

3 Likes

Out: Watson (rested), Leuey, Stanton
In: Myers, Bellchambers, Bird

3 Likes

Itā€™s really hard to predict our games - will our returning players ā€˜hit the wall againā€™? how fit is watson etc? (because 5 day break)

In: Mutch, Myers, Hartley, Dea
Out: Zaharkis, Stanton, Brown, Baguley

Given against Melbourne there will be Watts and Frost as the Ruckman, should we play McKernan for Looney who will be as good around the ground and monster both of them?

5 Likes

In form Beachcomber 7 day break vs Okay form Leuey 5 day break

No brainer

Belcho in for leuey

Zaka/Stanton for Myers/Bird

Could you imagine todayā€™s team with revved up Myers and Hocking instead of Zaka and Stants, would have been complete domination.

2 Likes

Out anyone whoā€™s sore.

Iā€™d guess -

Out: Leunberger, Stanton, Kelly
In: Bellchambers, Myers, McKenna

1 Like

Bellchambers in and Myers

Rest Leuy for sandilands.
Rest Watson

Ding dong against no rucks plus myers Watson replacement in middle.

Rest Kelly and Stanton for trip to Perth.

You have to wonder about hooker.

He was really hobbling around in the last.

Stewart might get a crack if he doesnā€™t come up.

The good thing is we actually have options. They are lining up in the VFL.

2 Likes

Anyone who saw the Dees last night would have been impressed with their midfield grunt and run.

imho we need to ensure that our mids are ready to fire and anyone who is 10% off will be found out. For that reason, surely Hocking and Howlett as well as Myers come into the frame.

Bellcho is a no-brainer after his strong VFL game and even McNernan could be considered to take advantage of their lack of height and would be a perfect match-up for Pederson (sp?) and Watts in the ruck.

4 Likes

The approach at the selection table will be really intriguing this week with the shortened break as well as the decimated Melbourne ruck division.

I honestly have no idea how we will play it but I reckon Myers comes in to manage the sorest midfielder (i.e. Watson/Stanton) and we get a look at Bellchambers while Looney has a spell given the short turnaround.

Anything beyond this Iā€™m not sure. Youā€™d think the following would be in the conversation depending how certain players pull up:

Howlett, Gleeson, Langford, Bird, Hocking, Stewart, Hartley.

For those who havenā€™t checked, the VFL game is Saturday, four days on. You wonā€™t be dropping many to the VFL to ā€œrestā€.

2 Likes

I like it. Lots of Changes have to be made after that slog.

Although Iā€™ll have Irish first before Gleese.

1 Like