Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

Certainty, huh?

2 Likes

There is no way Mutch is ready from what Iā€™ve seen of VFL to date

1 Like

The next 2 weeks will be ā€˜restā€™ weeks for some older players and opportunity to rebalance (speed) the team for Freo game.

By Freo game we would have added 6 into the mix (Bellchambers, McKenna, Bird, Stewart Langford, Myers). So the Geelong game will see some tough selections and should be based purely on form (tough love on all players).

EDIT forgot about Gleeson

Melbourne

In McKenna, Bird, Bellchambers, Myers
Out Zaka, Watson (rest), Leuy (rest), Stanton

Fremantle

In Watson, Stewart, Langford/Gleeson
Out Kelly(rest), Hooker(rest), Baguley(rest)

Geelong

In Kelly, Hooker, Baguley
Out Whoever is not performing, Stewart & Bird (may be the unlucky ones if their form is just ā€˜okā€™)

Itā€™s all about how they pull up, but personally I wouldnt be changing the balance of the team. Our clerarence work improved against a very good midfield.

Kelly is due for his 300th. If he plays one of the next 2 games, itā€™ll be v Geelong. Will he play this week or will he fly to Perth? Probably this week to play, my guess.

3 Likes

Does that include last week?

Because he looked quite ready to me.

5 Likes

Stanton took a late knock and heā€™s had 5 consecutive average games, so resting him on a 5 day break seems obvious.
Will they rest Leuny? Lone hand ruck but had a hammie enforced rest early, so shouldnā€™t be too fatigued yet. Once again, 5 day break and it wouldnā€™t hurt to have a rest but ONLY if TBC is absolutely ready.
Francis & McNiece Iā€™d like to see get 3-4 games in a row. Bags keeps his spot but he doesnā€™t do the small lockdown job too well.

Only change I want is;

In: Winning by big margin.
Out: Winning by small margin.

9 Likes

no way kelly goes to perth.

Same, was impressive

Out: Leuenberger, Francis, Stanton & Kelly (rested)
In: Bellchambers, Langford, Myers & Gleeson

B: Baguley Hurley Brown
HB: McGrath Ambrose Gleeson
C: Goddard Watson Colyer
HF: Langford Daniher Tippa
F: Green Hooker Fantasia
R: Bellchambers Heppell Zerrett

I/C: Myers, Parish, Zaharakis, McNeice

Emg: Bird, Howlett & Stewart

good. hope it stays that way. ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  useless downhill skiers are better than FarkCarlton at believing their own hype. Would be great to stitch them up.

clutching at straws if you think thatā€™s reason weā€™ll loose to Geelongā€¦

Out: Leuenberger, Francis, Stanton, watson (rested)
In: Bellchambers, Langford, bird, myers

B: Baguley Hurley Brown
HB: McGrath Ambrose Kelly

C: hepp Myers Colyer

HF: Langford Daniher Tippa
F: Green Hooker Fantasia

R: Bellchambers bj Zerrett

I/C: Bird, Parish, Zaharakis, McNeice

Emg: Mutch, Howlett, Stewart

2 Likes

In - mutch, Myers, luenberger

Out - Stanton, Watson, Bellchambers

Remember that odds of winning with 5 or more changes reduce dramatically, changes should be focused and justifiable and IMHO 2 or 3 at most. Myers, TBell and McKenna in the extended squad for mine.

1 Like

Jesse Hogans old man just died. Might not play Sunday.

Poor bugger.

1 Like

And to think he copped backlash for having a ciggie. Poor guy. Hope they leave him alone during this time.

8 Likes

Well, the most likely then.

Damn, that sucks.

If no Gawn, Spencer or Hogan then theyā€™ll really be struggling for height up forward. Weā€™ll have to be careful not to be to tall ourselves.