Changes v Melbourne - Sunday 1:10pm

Only if Leuey or Belly can tap well to advantage. Melbourne will setup to read our rucks taps. If it where Paddy Ryder id be confident, but Leuey in particular is not a great tap ruckman. Belly at is best is at least better.

SMACK Bring him in

1 Like

Stants/Zaka/Luey out (plse no 5 day rested ruckmen)

In: His Name is Beachcomber / Myers / Bird

Lets flip them the Bird instead

1 Like

You wouldn’t consider resting the other B, Joe Bwatson?

1 Like

Out: Francis, Mcneice

In: Bellchambers, Mckenna.

Francis just needed a taste, he was good, but needs to work on his tank to keep in the whole game… and that game will help him know where he has to get. Bello will stretch the ruckless dees.

Mckenna was poor against adelaide, but he earned a go, and deserves a second shot. Nothing against Mcneice, he was serviceable against the pies.

When Kelly goes, i think we will find it will be both Mcneice and Mckenna playing these roles in competition with Gleeson… one will be depth, but who? I think we will know this year.

This game will tell us more than any other game! Will a dominant ruckman influence our forward 50 entries! Lets go all out and find out!

Just hope we don’t play cooked players

1 Like

I know a fair few Melbourne supporters that were pretty happy with themselves at 2-0. They’re now worried about Sunday.

If love to do a number on therm over quarters

2 Likes

ya can’t drop TWO players after just bringing them in for 1 game!

3 Likes

play 3 rucks and 3 tall forwards

reverse knighta

1 Like

They’re not going to promote a guy from the rookie list for a single game. Which is also why McNeice will be playing next week.

1 Like

Lol, of course you can.

It’s an oft used, time honoured purposeful exercise.

Yep. The above post being made, Ben would likely benefit from staying in. Already has an AFL fit body, and will make the transition to the pace and extra fitness naturally.

Only certainty would be Francis for Stewart or Langford.

Possibly rest LBerg this week for the Trip to Perth next round and bring in TBell

Some of Jobe, Kelly, Stants, Baguly and BJ will probably need to be managed over the next few rounds too. 5 day turn around would be the round to start.

Myers, Gleeson, Dea, McKenna, Bird, Hocking all waiting.

History shows that Stanton is durable and perhaps one player who is well equipped for a short turn around. He has been poor in his current role however maybe he gets a chance in a different position if others are rested. I would not be surprised to see him kept, given a rest or a game in the VFL. Who knows. There appears to be 5 or so players in the VFL who could reasonably expect to be considered. I expect a few changes, great to have some depth.

Surely Myers is not ready after only one vfl game

If Leunberger or Bellchambers doesn’t do to Pederson what Maric did to Lovett-Murray in the 2009 Elim then they should both be dropped for the rest of the season and promptly delisted.

8 Likes

I would think it should go something like:

Bellchambers for Leuy
Zaharakis for Hocking
Mcneice for Bird
Stanton for Myers (if he is ready)

Unless anyone else pulled up sore, but we should definitely be managing these 3 games as a block.

I do think we need to bring in a tough team for Dees as they have shown to be very physical and with Oliver, Petracca etc I would want big bodies like Myers and Hocking to smash them when we can.

Myers for Zaka.

Stewart for Franga

Buddha for Stants.