Changes v Norf melbourne for round 18 2021

Can’t see Shiel coming in - it’s been 3 and a half months since he’s played AFL…
But I think we will roll the dice on Francis - I think having him as medical SUB is a actually the perfect option - if someone goes down he plays, if not he waits for another week. So at this stage I’d say its either no changes, or just one:

OUT: Langford
IN: Heppell

and Francis gets SUB instead of Ham

Lineup:

Glesson Stewart Laverde
Redman Ridley Hind
Cutler Stringer Cox
Perkins Waterman Tippa
2MP Jones Smith

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Snelling Guelfi Hooker Langford/Heppell
SUB: Francis

2 Likes

We learnt our lesson against Richmond on Dreamtime; never select a key position player as a sub. If a midfielder goes down, then we will become way too tall. If Francis plays, he comes straight back in for Cutler, as cutler was the 7th defender on Friday night.

In: Francis Heppell
Out: Gleeson cutler

3 Likes

Agree with this, but, no way Langford should play - remember Cameron a week or so ago - bring in Durham and make Cutler or Gleeson Sub.

What’s this fascination with Durham? Has he actually done anything in our VFL team to warrant a senior game?

5 Likes

Shiny new toy.

8 Likes

Some people on here are like a kid with a new toy when it comes to Durham.

Been on the list for 6 weeks after playing in the Richmond VFL side for a couple of years and suddenly he is the next Chris Judd.

I am hoping he turns into a really good player, eventually, but right now? Come on.

1 Like

Given the interest in the game, the assumption made that we defeat North, lock it in for Sat night.

1 Like

How you feeling about the norf game?

Will put up more of a fight then Adelaide imo

Well I’m afraid that like it or not, the coach of North Melbourne was Dean, not Dani, Laidley. That same person may now be Dani Laidley, but the post was about the time when the person was coach of North Melbourne, and his name at that time was Dean.

11 Likes

Offer me a 14pt win now, I’m taking it.

1 Like

He’s also 185 cm tall but weighs only 75 kg. Langford is 192 cm and 88 kg. It’s hardly like for like. If Dylan Clarke is fit and ready to play, he’s 188 cm and 85 kg, and is closer to the big body player that we need in there.

1 Like

I don’t think i’ve seen anyone even remotely mention him being the new judd.

what they have liked is he seemingly cracks in defensively as well can dispose of the ball relatively well.

And considering the last “new shiny toy” who copped the exact same crap when he was selected mid season is doing pretty well who exhibited similar traits to durham when he was drafted, maybe just maybe people want to see what he’d simply bring to the afl side, cos not too many people are going to be standing out in the vfl side in it’s current formation.

2 Likes

Francis for Gleeson
Heppell for Langers
Clarke for Ham as sub.

3 Likes

I think the kid has something. I’d like to see him on the wing opposite Cox.

1 Like

You don’t need to be very shiny to be the next cab off the rank ATM. There are no other shinier toys in the vfl.

1 Like

We’ll be in the 8 next week if all favourites win.

Judd you say? I’m in.

1 Like

IN JUDDY

1 Like

Or maybe its the fact that what he has shown is great pressure, tackles with intent, decent skills, good size
And we are being forced to play Gleeson, Cutler etc so why not give the kid some games

1 Like

Out Hooker rested for a good spell so he is right for the GWS game

In Heppell