Changes v Suns

I didn’t mind it. Just think they got it wrong. Needed to be 4 + Sub not 3 + Sub

1 Like

This is ridiculous… but anyway.

IN : Baguley, Hartley, Zerrett, TBC, Bird, Begley, Mutch

OUT : Dea, Kelly, Colyer, Leuenberger, Myers, Howlett, Watson

B Baguley Hartley Hurley
HB Gleeson Ambrose McKenna
C McGrath Zaharakis Zerrett
HF Walla Daniher Laverde
FF Stewart Hooker Green
R Bellchambers Heppell Bird
Int Parish Goddard Mutch Begley

A side that has the mobility to defend the ground.

4 Likes

Assuming your second Hurley is Ambrose, would be a decent side.

Thankyou good sir… edit made.

That side is one big EXCITEMENT MACHINE

1 Like

Is stants going to retire? If so would expect a farewell game the next week.

And hocking

Not leaving a lot of time for the announcements on Stanton and Hocking, unless of course, they intend to play on (at other clubs)?

Still two weeks of H&A footy left and a VFL finals campaign.

There is absolutely no chance of a farewell game for any players.

We are right in the hunt for finals, we will not be giving games to loyal servants who will not help us win a game or gain some much needed %.

We’ve been doing it for about a month.

1 Like

To who?

Howlett? These are clearly not farewell games, he’s been in the team a few weeks now.

FWIW I reckon one of Howlett, Hocking, Bird, Stanton get another year.

An up and coming prospect called Jobe Wilson or similar. I forget the exact details.

1 Like

In i will be at the game
Out what ever sick sad attitude that was displayed the last 2 games.
We haven’t won against the Suns at Metricon for the past 2 seasons, so instead of yelling and screaming my lungs off I’m going to get blottowed and cheer with a beer!

That’s right, Woosha knows which of the kids are ready to step up. McGrath way ahead of anyone else and gets games. Begley looks like he’s just about ready for a crack, no one else really.

Considering Freo will almost be a pre ordained win, (they would be bonkers to want to win another game you’d think) it will likely be a perfect opportunity for a send off game for the retirees.

From the sounds of Guy McKenna Begley is very close to a Debut, and he mentioned that he played well against Gold Coast in the preseason game.
Also said that McGraths debut season has been equal to O’Meara’s when he was at Gold coast.

That’s pretty mutch it

2017’s been a farewell tour.

Likely newspaper headline on Monday.

Dean Solomon to be investigated by AFL for ‘laying down’ against old team Essendon.

The AFL has launched an investigation into the coaching tactics of Gold Coast stand-in coach Dean Solomon.

The AFL is apparently concerned at a number of unconventional coaching tactics used by Solomon on Saturday night.

Essendon went into the game needing a win and large percentage boost to keep their 2017 finals hopes alive.

But it was the tactics of Solomon, the former Bomber player, who has been linked to an assistant coaching role with Bombers next year, that got the tongues of AFL observes wagging. Many suggesting foul play or tanking to help Essendon’s plight.

Solomon tried to defend his unconventional team line up during the after-match press conference.

“Yes, I know its unusual to rest so many senior players, but I only have the team for three weeks and I wanted to let the younger players have a taste of senior football” he stated.

When asked about the unorthodox team set-up Solomon replied. “Again, it was to give the players experience. I thought it’d be great experience for Ben Ainsworth to play defender on Joe Daniher. Likewise playing Gary Ablett in the ruck freed up Jarrod Witts to be able to play on McDonald-Tipungwiti - that’s experience these guys would never normally get.”

Solomon’s second half tactics of playing all the forwards in the backline, the mids in the forward line and defenders in the midfield were also questioned as too was his instruction to all players that they should kick for goal using their non-preferred foot.

But it was his playing of only 15 men on the field in the final quarter that has most infuriated AFL officials.

The AFL will investigate the matter this week. The only thing that is likely to save Solomon from sanction is the fact that Gold Coast won the game 14.5 to 6.15.

33 Likes