Changes versus Bin Chickens [spec, some year before 2023]

They certainly did all of that. Baldwin and Francis are not as reliable goal scorers as Waterman.

I think too early to say that, Baldwin gets better with every game, and Frank hasnā€™t had much of a serious crack at it yet this season.
I donā€™t wanā€™t to delve into how many years he has been on the list Yada Yada.

Last Night we saw something that needs to be explored further.
We kicked our best score of the season last night.
And you know what they say ā€¦. You are only as good as your last game.

2 Likes

Laverde - Franklin
Ridley- McLean
Kelly- Heeney
McDonald- Reid
Papley- McGrath

Some of the match ups that come to mind.

5 Likes

We need to put some work into Heeney.

1 Like

Same as others - probably Ham and BZT out, Ridley and Durham in maybe.

Keep Bryan. Keep Francis and play him forward with Wrightā€¦ somehow that seemed to work. Keep McGrath in the back pocket. Whatever we had last night was like the best looking structure weā€™ve had in yonks; go with it.

4 Likes

In: Ridley, Kelly, Guelfi, Waterman, Durham
Out: Zerk-Thatcher, Shiel, Smith, Baldwin, Ham

FB: Kelly Laverde Reid
CHB: Redman Ridley Hind
C: Cutler Caldwell Martin
CHF: Guelfi Francis Hobbs
FF: Waterman Wright Perkins
R: Draper Merrett Parish
I: Caldwell Bryan Heppell Mcgrath
Durham sub

I think ive stuffed this up somewhere but I cant work out how. Durham somehow in my Ins as med sub but Lord not in the outsā€¦

Will be interesting who does come back in. Hopefully the virus hasnā€™t knocked them around too much. Really need all players to be 100%.
Hopefully Durham comes back in love the way he goes about it.

1 Like

I posted a few times about how Kellyā€™s arrival seems to have thrown the backline out.
He might be good individually, but it adds another slow, prop & stop player there.
Happy to replace Zerk with Ridley.

3 Likes

This, canā€™t go Laverde, Kelly, Heppell and Zerk all in the same defence

You donā€™t make many changes to a winning team.

Smith to be rested with his knee.
Shiel out injured.
Bzerk likely sore knee too.

Bring in Ridley, Gwelf & Durham and swap the sub to Tippa

2 Likes

Sydney have looked fairly vulnerable over the last couple of weeks but hard to seeing them losing 3 games in a row at home.

I think the biggest enemy for us this week is going to be how much bathwater will be consumed after the win last night and before the game next week. Delighted to win last night, thoroughly deservedā€¦ but it just doesnā€™t suddenly wipe away all the issues that quickly.

Zeroes to heroes in the space of one quarter? Weā€™ll see. After the post-game celebrations and the ā€œJam Itā€, the club would want to back it up.

3 Likes

IN: BRYAN

Oops hes already in

3 Likes

Heā€™s usually the first one Iā€™m calling to be dropped (after Ham).

But heā€™s been decent. And heā€™s starting to show more grunt on the field. Example - the fantastic high Sicily tackle that allowed the team to get back into defence.

Based on the injury report, Phillips and Cox should be available.

But I donā€™t think either gets a call up this week.

Stewart is listed as 1-2 weeks. But with Reid now in the team, do you potentially think weā€™d look to swing Stewart back to the forward line?

This is an interesting point. Might be something in it

Will be interesting. Hard to drop guys who performed well but equally hard not to include the guys whoā€™d be automatic start ups just because they missed the game with illness.
Youā€™d think Ham & BZT are at risk from low stats alone. Shiel knee possibly. Smith knee possibly (if they revert to original or lab for him).
Will be hard to fit the 5 back in let alone others who are returning from injury.

I really hope we donā€™t put Stewart back in. Heā€™ll corrupt Reidā€™s game at one end and 2MPā€™s at the other.

Leave him out please.

3 Likes

Going to be a tough call. Ham and BZT will go out, but not sure who else. I think Cuts has done enough, they will probably rest Smith (who was good). So Rids and Durham/Guelph, and then it get s tricky

2 Likes