Changes vs Geelong

OUT: Zaharakis

IN: Mutch or Redman

Canā€™t see the point in making 5-6 changes each week and I suspect it was about managing our way through the post ANZAC Day maze of 3 games inside 2 weeks but Iā€™d suggest we will likely make 3 changes (personally, Iā€™d make a couple more as well but I know that wonā€™t happen).

In: Stewart, McGrath, Watson

Out: Dea, McKenna, Stanton

Iā€™ve made my opinion on where Hooker should play well known and I donā€™t back away from it, it should happen sooner rather than later. Iā€™d love to see our back 6 look something like Hurley, Hooker, Hartley, McGrath, Baguley and Kelly next week. Perhaps down the track, Ambrose plays in Hartleyā€™s place but while Ambrose is injured, Hartley plays IMO.

8 Likes

Reading all these comments, I know Iā€™m going to get smashed, but I didnā€™t think Zaka was too bad today. (The WHOLE TEAM was poor after half time.) If anything, I would have dropped Zaka after the last couple of weeks, but not today.
Also, a lot of people want to drop Francis after one game back (that he was our saviour?), and want to bring in Mutch instead. Drop Stanton (didnā€™t do anything) and bring in Mutch sure, but not Francis.
You canā€™t make five or six changes evey week, and they wonā€™t.

IN: Watson, McGrath, Mutch
OUT: Dea, Stanton and maybe Goddard (was he injured? )

Other thant that, who knows?. Canā€™t believe I saw a 64 point turnaround unfolding. How many uncontested marks did they take in their F50? Fkn pathetic final quarter.

1 Like

Cats have lost the last 2 and the way our midfield defends Danger and Selwood will be running rampart. Hawkins and Motlop to kick a bag like they always do.

We are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

They will win because they are the rank underdogs and all the mental pressure is off them. Will lose the week after whomever they play.

Taking the p!ss

4 Likes

OUT: Francis, Gleeson, Stanton
IN: Stewart, McGrath, Watson,

B: Baguley Hartley Dea
HB: Kelly Hurley McGrath
C: Goddard Watson Colyer
HF: Walla Daniher Stewart
F: Fantasia Hooker Green
R: Leuenberger Heppell Zerrett

I/C: Parish Zaharakis McKenna Myers

If Hooker really plays back (I wouldnā€™t), then Belly has to come in for him to play FF. Nobody else has a hope of having the same physical presence that Hooker does up forward.

1 Like

And probably tear us a new one.

Francis out really?

13 Disposals
4 Marks
3 Tackles
3 Behinds

Could have kicked 3 goals stays in the side and will only get better.

6 Likes

Donā€™t forget that things happen in 3ā€™s.

Feeling optimistic about this one. Our record against Geelong is pretty good, right?

7 Likes

He had a few shots on goal which he missed. But otherwise I thought he was a liability all day. Should be learning to dominate in the seconds.

Donā€™t know why youā€™d drop Leuney this week, probably the Catsā€™ weakest area is ruck. Not that I think it matters, they will have been stung heavily after their last fortnight.

In: Howlett, Hocking, Bird, TBell, Watson

Cmon woosha do it for the lolā€™s.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the thing with Geelong you just know they will bring it after 2 poor weeks and get a win cant say the same about Essendon.

We are ripe for the picking of an easy Geelong win,

1 Like

Right.

1 Like

OUT: Matt Dea, Michael Hartley, Martin Gleeson, Mark Baguley, Michael Hartley, Aaron Francis, Travis Colyer, Brendon Goddard, James Kelly, Orazio Fantasia, Cale Hooker, David Zaharakis, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Joe Daniher, David Myers, Matthew Leuenberger, Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell, Darcy Parish, Josh Green, Conor McKenna, Brent Stanton, John Worsfold

IN: Mark Johnson, Dustin Fletcher, Sean Wellman, Damien Hardwick, Dean Wallis, Dean Solomon, Chris Heffernan, Joe Misiti, Blake Caracella, Mark Mercuri, Scott Lucas, James Hird Ā©, Adam Ramanauskas, Matthew Lloyd, Michael Long, John Barnes, Justin Blumfield, Jason Johnson, 10. Darren Bewick, Paul Barnard, Steven Alessio, Gary Moorcroft, Sheeds

8 Likes

In: Stewart, McGrath, Watson
Out: Dea, Mckenna, Stanton

For this to happen Hooker would need to go back, which should be done until Ambrose comes back in. Itā€™s plain stupid not to.

Dea is useless playing on talls, he could stay in the team in Gleesons role, but not as third tall. Heā€™s 186cm with a long neck ffs

They were also going to bring it this week after being done by the Pies. Who knows?

Thatā€™s true.

When Bomber was coaching Geelong he told his players that Essendon were soft itā€™s seems that message still rings true to this day.

2 Likes