Changes vs Giants

download (1)

2 Likes

Prefer to keep Bryan in. Assuming no injuries, I think Francis comes in for Guelfi.

Keep the group playing together as much as possible, including the kids.

I reckon Cox gets restedā€¦ he had some tired moments yesterday.

I donā€™t want Stewart anywhere near Hogan.

Iā€™d say they keep Stewart in as he is part of a preferred defensive unit and they are trying to build synergy. If that means he, or others, get some goals kicked on them while they grow then so be it.

1 Like

But give him a run in the 2ā€™s to catch some formā€¦ you canā€™t be rushing players straight in after a long time on the sidelinesā€¦ Iā€™m all for him long term but crap like that is costly.

1 Like

Yeah personally I would have used the vfl to bring him back. But they didnā€™t and I think that is a sign of where they see him. Now that he came straight into the 1ā€™s suggests to me that they want to get as many games as possible into the preferred collective defensive unit as they can.

2 Likes

Yes, Stewart needed the run, and no way will they drop him after just the one game.
Thought Cutler had a calf issue, so he wonā€™t be in.

GWS play the 3 tall forwards, so Stewart, Ridley, Laverde & Francis isnā€™t too tall.
Can see Guelfi becoming the substitute.

Bit depends on Coxā€™s shoulder.
Bryan is 50 50 I reckon for Phillips- depends on how the coaches want to address those round the ground stoppages where we got beaten up.

Ridley was playing on Betts and Gibbons a fair bit. Not sure bringing in Francis for a small is a great balance.

1 Like

Agree with those thinking of resting Cox. Starting to look pretty fatigued and 6 day break to GWS.

That aside, Iā€™d be bringing in Philips if heā€™s okay, not that Bryan did much wrong but heā€™ll get monstered by Mummy.

Francis back as well.

In: Phillips, Francis, Zaharakis
Out: Bryan, Cox, Guelfi.

2 Likes

So we should drop Zerrett too?

Langford needs to lift

Also McGrath, was very quiet first half.

Ham is undersize but he also needs to lift

In Francis,

Out Guelfi

wouldnt you want him to play every game to increase his trade value.

Bryan stays in now no better learning than playing on afl ruckmen every week.

1 Like

If Mummy play, Bryan shouldnā€™t.

If they do risk playing Bryan, have the undertakers number on speed dial

2 Likes

Bryan will simply jump over Mummy.

2 Likes

We might aswell pack the kids bags if weā€™re dropping him. Earned is spot came in did what we asked of him then drop him because we donā€™t want him to get hurt by a 48 yr old lump of poo.
Bryan will be jumping out of his skin to play this week.

1 Like

Hope people have in mind that Cutler did his calf and Waterman had an ankle injury - could barely run in the last Qtr of VFL. Both would be unlikely call ups

1 Like

Not sold on Stewart in defence and at 27, not sure what he offers.

It seems the coaches are going thr old fashioned way and building from defence. Got young defenders in there with Heppel as the experienced head, getting Lav, Ridley, Francis to play together as mich as possible.

I would he bringing in Francis straight away and if that means Stewart gets dropped then so be it. Need the 3 I mentioned to play as much together as possible.

And only reason i would bring Phillips in is because Bryan is really raw and will get buried by Mumford. Happy for Bryan to keep playing, but need to look after him as well.

1 Like

Haha!

My point was, if someone has to be dropped to make room for Francis, Iā€™d rather it be someone that wonā€™t be on our list next year. (Allegedly).

Oh thatā€™s cuteā€¦