Changes vs Hawks Rd 14 2021 [spec]

Well I hope you’re right

Langford gets even more midfield minutes now that McGrath is gone.

Our first rotation should be Draper - Merrett - Parish - Langford.

4 Likes

With the midfield so thin I don’t think we can afford Cox or Langford taking the ruck

1 Like

It will be 5 weeks post injury which should be enough even if it was verging on a grade 2 strain. My recollection was that it wasn’t an overly nasty one (i.e. Not a tendon involvement) but just a bit worse than your garden variety 21 day job.

1 Like

Might be time to give Heppell a game in the guts. Hawks mids aren’t quick

2 Likes

Truck usually an advocate of the KISS method.

Assuming fitness -

Ins: Smith, Draper, Wright

Out: McGrath, Philips, Ambrose.

6 Likes

Zaka is cooked shouldn’t play again.

We owe these bastards hope we belt them

6 Likes

Boys will be coming for blood after tonight and what happened week 1.

Give Durham a run. I wouldn’t mind seeing Perkins getting a run through the guts.

1 Like

In: 2 METER PETER

2 Likes

In: Draper Smith Wright Cahill (sub)
Out: Phillips Zaharakis Ambrose McGrath

Sick of the older guys always underperforming. It’s a development year so playing them is poor team selection.

3 Likes

Reid could play against Hawthorns 20 year old beanpole full forward

Plenty more work to do this year. It’s about 2022, not 2021.

1. Games into “best of the bunch” Reid. Stewart lacks defensive smarts and BZT doesn’t fit our foot skills centric back line philosophy. If he’s fit he must play.

2. Draper back in the ruck. It’s vital he gets 10 more games experience, he’s still very raw.

3. Young mids getting game time. I’ve not been a fan of Ham but he hit the scoreboard last night. Must back it up. Can Cahill come in and provide some pressure and rotations while Snelling is out? Is Durham a legit prospect?

3 Likes

Keep Ham in, didn’t get a lot of ball last night, but got into dangerous positions and his disposal was efficient and effective. Doesn’t provide enough pressure for a full time small forward, so not a like for like replacement for Snelling.
Draper in for Ambrose.
Cahill or another for Zaka.
Reid for Stewart.
2MP or Stewart for tall insurance on the bench.

2 Likes

We’ve gotta come out in 2 weeks time and absolutely thump these ■■■■■.

1 Like

I’d like to see us be super super cautious with Draper, bring back 2MP and let him and Phillips both play whoever does best stays in the following week then Draper comes back. Jones has been good but 4 possessions not enough so he’s the tall the I’d take out for 2MP. Think at this stage we might see;-

OUT: McGrath, Zakka, Jones
IN: Cahill, Ambrose, 2MP

Team:

Francis Stewart Laverde
Heppell Ridley Hind
Redman Langford Cox
Perkins Waterman Ham
Stringer Hooker Tippa

Phillips Parish Merrett

Bench: Guelfi Cahill Ambrose 2MP
SUB: Cutler/Gleeson

Why play Ambrose and drop Jones? That would be absolute madness!

14 Likes

Alot of people over confident on this forum, you carnts never fkn learn.

Idiots.

I’m glad we’ve got the bye this week, between the injuries and the finish to the game aswell as the enormous build up, I reckon we would have been flat as fk if we had to play again straight after that.

10 Likes

I like the way you work it

NO SICILY

7 Likes

Don’t care if he is fit and ready. Time we move on from him and put a line through his name. Literally anyone else on the list is a upgrade

1 Like