FB: Ridley Reid Francis
HB: Heppell Laverde Redman
C: Hind Merrett Cox
HF: Langford Wright Stringer
FF: Tipungwuti Hooker Jones
R: Draper Parish Perkins
Int: Cahill Ham Smith Waterman

1 Like

Exactly. I can see us wanting blood. Weā€™ll be up by approx 8 goals at the half.

1 Like

I really donā€™t think Ambrose should play again. Unless weā€™re absolutely desperate. Heā€™s not the future.

We havenā€™t had much luck injury wise have we? Such a shame Caldwell and Draper havenā€™t been available.

Love to see Draper back. I wouldnā€™t mind Reid getting a few games in a row either. Not like itā€™s all about wins this year

Out: McGrath, Ambrose, Zaharakis, Phillips, Stewart.

In: Draper, 2MP, Smith, Durham, Reid

Just do it. Cahill has zero AFL attributes, so Iā€™d be keen to see what Durham has to offer.

Guelfi is very lucky we have SFA depth.

1 Like

Yeah guelfi has been so so poor since gws game

In: Wright, draper, cahill, durham
Out: Ambrose, Phillips, zaka, mcgrath

Assuming zaka and Smith injured that is

Draper needs to taste his 1st win

Are you aware of what is available in the 2ā€™s ?

In order of suitability to replace a Zaka like playerā€¦
Cahill, Johnson, Hird

Thatā€™s it right now, apart from Durham and Iā€™ve never seen him play

3 Likes

The cupboard is very very bare!

1 Like

Zaka is finished and the sooner the club realise this the better. Funny how we constantly heckle Fark Carlton for playing Murphy every week when we carry a passenger like Zaka

2 Likes

Yes, it should absolutely be his last year, and will be.
But who do you play in his place last night ?
Cahill is the only one left even remotely ready to play Senior football, and I think he should have been the SUB anyway as we were way too tall with Ambrose playing against Richmond.

1 Like

Some bloke on here during the week was telling us he reckons Zaka still has two years left in him :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No changes for mine.

3 Likes

Yes, I wish I could remember that forum members name

IMG_3431

Wherever this game is played (whether at the scheduled MCG or Tasmania, as some are predicting), it needs to be a non-negotiable 4 points.

After the disappointment of Round 1 and the Hawks form since then (only 1 win, by 3 points, against a travelling Adelaide), this is one game on the run home that we should be winning. But yep, itā€™s also fraught with danger.

Personnel returning will be important but the way we respond to a disappointing last 10 minutes against Richmond will be really important in this one. The week off has arrived at the perfect time.

They could be playing Dow or SPS or Kennedy.

We have no options at all.
Your comparison is pretty poor and irrelevant.

Injuries have and will bite us, depth very bare.

Of the last ten games I reckon

Lose- Melb, Dogs and Cats

50/50 Swans, Suns (away) Giants, Pies

Should win -Crows, Hawks, Roos,

Will end up with 10 wins I reckon. More than I thought but also a worse draft pick. Hopefully thereā€™s still a star left at our pick.

In: Draper, Wright, Cahill, Smith
Out: McGrath (inj) Phillips, Waterman, Zaharakis, Ambrose

b: Hind Stewart Laverde
hb: Redman Francis Ridley
c: Cox Heppell Langford
hf: Perkins Jones Stringer
f: Tippa Hooker Cahill
r: Draper Merrett Parish
int: Guelfi, Wright, Ham, Smith

Sub: Waterman

Cahill to play Snelling role.

move Heppell to midfield rotations
Langford to play more time on ball as well.
Perkins and Stringer will need to spend more time there as well.

Itā€™s an interesting point youā€™ve raised. There is a fair discussion to be had at this point with Shiel, McGrath, Caldwell and even Snelling all out, about whether you get Hepp back in there as an on baller for at least a month until Shiel returns.

We have enough options to assemble 7 defenders easily enough so thatā€™s not a problem.

I guess itā€™s more a question of whether itā€™s a move you make in a year where development probably trumps winning at all costs.

In; Draper Wright Smith Cutler
Out; McGrath, Zaharakis Phillips, Guelfi

Playing 2MP as a second ruck means we can keep Cox on the wing rather than relief ruck
Iā€™d actually consider rotating him occasionally with Jones to mix up the forward dynamics.
Smith means we donā€™t have to move Hind forward to help with pressure (& move Guelfi back)
Cutler & Ham can share the other wing, defensive half forward, which Zaharakis was trying to play

Archie gets more time on the ball.

Not ideal, but limited options.