Changes vs Melbourne Rnd 15 2021

Must bring in Snelling. Give him a role to tag Salem. So much of Melbourne’s ball movement goes through him. Hooker needs to be better than what he showed today; May will give him a bath otherwise. Stringer will probably get tagged by Hibberd. Can see Oliver and Petracca v Merrett and parish unfolding with not much defensive attention. Hope Draper is able to back up today’s superb performance. Hope the Dees give Weideman another game, and either Laverde or Francis can give him a towelling up. Give Redman the job on Fritsch. Great test against the Dees on Saturday.

In: Snelling, Francis
Out: Cahill, BZT

3 Likes

OUT: Stringer (managed)
IN: Cutler

12 Likes

It has that ‘nothing to lose’ feel about it.

2 Likes

dayum we play melbourne and then geelong next.

Could we win atleast one of these 2?

1 Like

I thought Geelong may be more realistic because they are up and down on their form (yet somehow mostly manage to get the win).

But we’ll be big underdogs for both games.

1 Like

Hmmm, I’d agree if we weren’t missing half our midfield (along with Hurley, Snelling, etc).

They’re the top of the ladder team at virtually full strength (minus Tomlinson?). I’m pretty sure they’ll get Viney back this week. They’re also fresh off the bye vs us on 6 day break coming back from Tassie (not that it’s a huge trip at all).

I’m expecting that we’ll be quite easily beaten, and I don’t think it’ll be much of an indication at all re where we’re really at. Throw in McGrath, Shiel & even just one of Caldwell/Snelling and it’d be a much more even fight.

No injuries and a competitive, 4 quarter effort would be a really encouraging result IMO.

2 Likes

I really need the team to address Langford… if they’re serious they’d spell him to the 2’s to tidy up some things. From what I saw from Ham he needs to work on his disposal also… we are trying to move forward and keep coming back to the same dead weights. They both have a lot to offer but I feel there’s complacent, especially from Langford.

I also need them to stay the f away from the likes Ambrose / Cutler / Zaha. I don’t want them to be quick fixes and straight into the side kinda guys. So if anyone needs a rest or is injured , bring in some new faces.

1 Like

For sure, if we win one of these it would be huge.

Probably unlikely if we play like we did today tho haha

See what happens I spose!

Catch any of the game against Richmond?

Langford is having a good year, and was fine today.

26 Likes

Out: smith, zerk, Cahill
In: Snelling, Francis, durham

4 Likes

Yeah he wasn’t bad today but FMD he has no footy smarts.

That kick into the corridor when we are leading by 2 goals with 3:30 to go.

Seriously???

Like the Snelling pass to zaharakis against freo……

People wonder why we lose the close games.

2 Likes

We can win one, or even both. Melbourne are more likely, and l see signs of the beginnings of their brittle self doubt emerging. It is a common affliction every season, and is very apparent when the ski season opens.

3 Likes

OUT - Smith,Hooker, Wright ,

IN - Snelling, Francis, Phillips

I did … I just feel he can lift a notch… his disposal is often too lax and brain fartish.

Is Gleeson a chance?
There’s only two guys I’d drop.
Maybe only one, actually.

1 Like

Beating melbourne would be awesome.

I dont see us beating geelong. Lets hope its not like Last years shellacking though.

Playing Geelong in Geelong is the hardest match in footy. Seriously cannot comprehend the thought of winning that.

Same with playing Eagles in WA, and to a lesser extent Hawks in Tasmania.

2 Likes

Carlton beat them there last year.
You just never know on the day.

Langford….really….bahahahahahaha. Nice one.
Yea definitely give him spell. Been terrible

6 Likes