Changes vs Melbourne Rnd 15 2021

In: Durham
Out: Ham/Cahill

(Snelling and Francis would be good in’s if available) and if so out Cahill and Zerk.

2 Likes

If we’re going to play finals we need to snag one of the next 2. Hard to see it happening though

Hope Melbourne gives us a dose of finals like footy at the G.

Didn’t the Eagles say that the pressure Essendon brought on them was finals like pressure?

Good opportunity for us.

3 Likes

We’re so winning this match.

14 Likes

With no crowd which is decent factor

1 Like

No bombing forward otherwise May and Lever will have a field day intercepting

Low/scrubber type kicks when entering forward

3 Likes

I should have been earlier when his ■■■■ disposal was trending… now it seems acceptable… carry on.

I agree. I don’t rate Melbourne. I think we are a huge chance

4 Likes

I just worry about their midfield contested beasts that will push Merrett and Parish to the side

Stringer needs to play more middle only mid today that stood up in tackles and dished off the ball

Melbourne still have it in them to completely Essington their season. I’d love for us to get the ball rolling.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t be too critical of Zerk, he’s in and out of the team and not getting the continuity that others have.
Interesting stat - we’ve won 3 out of the 4 games he has played this season, the loss was against Sydney where we were basically robbed.

1 Like

Melbourne are slowly showing signs of going full Melbourne… it’s winnable but need to be cleaner than tonight.

I back us in Pies were able to beat them

1 Like

We always think we’re a chance against the Dees.

We got close last year and we were rubbish.

I’m looking at this game as a free hit. No expectations. Just try and protect the %.

2 Likes

Mate, if we can compete with the GWS midfield (Hopper, Tom Green, Ward, Taranto), I’m pretty sure we’ll be able to compete with Melbourne.
Merrett and Parish are mature players, and they will have assistance from Langford, Stringer, Perkins, Tippa.

The problem we will potentially have against Melbourne is how well they are defending the field when not in possession.
We are staying in games with ball movement, despite losing contested possessions and being stung on turnovers consistently.
If Melbourne can so easily stop the Bulldogs from playing their preferred game, how are we going to go ?
That’s the great unknown.

Did like how Rutten has put notice on the players to stand up against Melbourne and Geelong

1 Like

What part of IN: Durham don’t you peanuts understand??

10 Likes

Yep. Basically. This is the best of the bunch. Let’s see how you go against them. Much better to be the hunters instead of the hunted.

1 Like

Listen Stallion, I’m precariously low on Likes, so…no more funny stuff !

1 Like