Changes vs Port Adelaide R2 2021

We need size down back.

Stringer can come in and play deep forward in Hooker’s current role, even with limited fitness he will be more mobile and dangerous than Hooker is in that role.

With Stewart out, I would send Hooker back to play on Dixon - we need a gorilla to play on a gorilla.

The player I would drop is Redman, thought he was quite loose at times.

If Cox is suspended, I would bring in Perkins, not Cutler and play Ham on a wing rather than HF. Perkins will provide a contest whilst we know Cutler won’t.

1 Like

I hope Truck plays Parish on ball like he should be, none of this tucked away forward pocket ■■■■.

I wouldn’t change the team too much though. We showed some good signs we just need a 4 quarter effort. Need to put as many games into Cox/Jones as possible they will be special. Perkins/Bryan still a few weeks away I think. Caldwell amazing pick up and McGrath stepping it up again this year. Hooker on Dixon.

FB: Francis Hooker Laverde
HB: Hind Ridley Heppell
C: Cox McGrath Merrett
HF: Langford Jones Smith
FF: Tippa 2MP Stringer

Fol: Draper Parish Caldwell

Bench: Shiel, Redman, Snelling, Cahill
Sub: Gleeson

Out: Ham
In: Stringer

1 Like

We’re done

I wouldn’t be dropping players like Cahill, we all know this is a development year, wins aren’t important game style is, if we believe he’s part of our back 6 moving forward he plays for mine.

18 Likes

Doesn’t matter who you bring in? we got a Clueless and braindead coach? Just like worsfold when he was coach.worsfold thought our midfields were all champion, just like what Rutten think too! he even said last night at the press conference, I will back my midfields ,when ask by Cal Twomey why didn’t you tag Tom Mitchell ? if you could only see his expression on his face it was priceless ,when he tried to explain he methodology to the question, it was like a deer in headlights ? Tom Mitchell got 3 Brownlow votes last night,you going to see they same movie that was under worsfold now Rutten,we’re going to get obliterated by Port Adelaide and like always our percentage go down to about 59 and I’ll stay there for the rest of the season just like when worsfold was the coach, I like to see these idiot coaches tag multiple players

1 Like

You want us to play multiple taggers? So who actually gets us the footy then?

I’ve read half a dozen of your posts since last night and I have worked out pretty quickly who is idiotic and braindead

When asked about tagging he said he is not against using a tagger at all but he would prefer to see his mids get themselves on top of the battle, personally I think that is fair, he is putting the responsibility squarely on the players that let the game go very very different to old mate from the last few years

8 Likes

Rutten must be getting his cues from Kevin Sheedy? Why would you play Cahill in the backline ,he’s a small forward, just like playing Jayden laverde in the back pline

Out: Cahill, Ham, Cutler
In: Perkins, Waterman, Stringer

B: Laverde, Hooker, Redman
HB: Ridley, Francis, Heppell
C: Hind, Caldwell, McGrath
HF: Shiel, Jones, Smith
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Wright, Langford
R: Draper, Parish, Merrett
Int: Perkins, Waterman, Cox, Stringer
Medical Sub: Snelling
Emergencies: Ham, Cahill, Cutler

2 Likes

In last night’s game! all our Backman were too short and inexperience that’s why Hooker should have started in the back line and stay there all game ,rob Peter to pay Paul ,we couldn’t beat Hawthorn most of their player would get a game for anybody else, imagine when we play Port Adelaide and they finished on top last year, it’s going to be a mother’s Day massacre, Paul Bashar has set the tone when he said we’re in a developing stage, we should have appointed as coach Ross lyon ,he doesn’t take any crap, if you don’t perform your tasks you don’t play ,you don’t see that with our boys, they do what they like they have no discipline you watch Richmond players they’re like robots

Because what we have been doing has not worked so instead of leaving everything as it was he is trying to uncover players in different roles

Laverde was very good as an inexperienced defender and could potentially become very very good on the medium forwards

You whinge that out braindead coaches dont make moves or try things then in your next post whinge that our braindead coaches are trying things

…I dont even know what to tell you

6 Likes

In: Perkins, Bryan,
Out: Cox(Susp 1 week), Cutler

b: Laverde Hooker Heppell
hb: Redman Ridley Hind
c: Langford Caldwell Merrett
hf: Shiel Jones Perkins
f: Smith 2 Metre Tippa
r: Draper Parish McGrath
int: Bryan Ham Cahill Snelling
Sub Francis

would be tempted to bring Stringer straight in.

I want us to win? to do everything in the coaches abilityif they have to take 3 or4 players so be it,the last 20 years has been shameful ,not because we haven’t got the players, because of the idiot coaches they have been appointing none of them bringing discipline this is your role and I want you to stand with your man

Thought our mids were decent - Draper, McGrath, Caldwell & Merrett all pretty good against the Hawks. Its the forward line that worries me…
Hopefully Jones can kick straight this week - 3 points from 4 decent chances frustrating but it was his first game…
I’d swing a few changes and bring in some forwards capable of kicking goals.

OUT: Cox (susp), Cahill, Ham
IN: Perkins, Waterman, Stringer

Team;-

Ridley Hooker Laverde
Heppell Francis Hind
Parish Caldwell Merrett
Langford Jones Perkins
Stringer 2MP Tippa

Draper Shiel McGrath

Bench: Redman Smith Snelling Waterman

2 Likes

OUT: Hooker, Francis, Cox (susp), Snelling
IN: four other players

Which is more or less what Rutten said regarding taggers, its the midfielders job to beat their man when he decides they absolutely cant he may bring a tagger

The reason we have been poo for so long is exactly what you have just said, we want to win right now so trade in the guy who will single handedly fix our problems

We need to BUILD a team which will mean some more pain while trying different guys in different spots and playing some kids

1 Like

Were you at the game?

I was. Mitchell (and O’Meara) were not the cause of the problem, they were the symptom of the problem.

The problem was twofold:

1. Hawks rucks jumping into/shepherding/buffeting Draper to nullify his taps, cause them to be dirty and drop at his feet rather than into space that suits our speedier mids.
  2. When this happened from the start of Q3, it therefore required our mids to rollup their sleeves, show some grit and get down and dirty to win a tougher contested ball than they were winning in Q1. They didn’t do that/wouldn’t do that. It’s why we lost contested possession by 20+ in the second half and lost the game.

Tagging Mitchell would have solved nothing as a tag can’t make up for his own teammate’s lack of work ethic. It’s the mids not responding with lifting their workrate to counter the nullification of Draper after half time that was the issue.

24 Likes

i like the way ovad thinks.

He ball watches, send him forward. When he’s allowed to just attack the ball and use it he looks a million bucks. We’re crying out for aggression and good kicks in our forward line.

You are spot on with the ball watching. Needs to learn to be aware of when he starts doing it and immediately focus on moving a defensive position in the opposition breaks through or make run to a an offensive position to provide his teammates with an option.

In other news the F1 starts next week so theres that…

I’d only make forced changes, so maybe a replacement for Cox. Agree with bringing hooker to the back. Ball is going to be in their forward half a lot of the night.