Changes vs Port Adelaide R2 2021

My main concern with that is Hooker cannot move anymore

1 Like

It’ll be sailing in his direction so much that he won’t have to! :joy:

I think he’s a bit worried about running to receive when we get a turnover because he’s been burnt so many times going back the other way.

He just doesn’t have a defenders instincts for mine but I think he could provide what Smith does in the front half and more

He hasn’t been able to move since 2018

I disagree with your analogy?? because if they tag Tom Mitchell we would have won ,to let Brownlow medal Run around by himself,is was fraught with danger,I didn’t see rutten make any moves when they kicked 8 goals in third quarter ,they slice through our Backman just like witches hats, Hawthorn had so many players out our backline were bumbling fools,essendon made some of the Hawthorn noname forwards look like Superstar

Would have been handy to play Zert-thetchar last night

It is strange to me that people want Cahill out of the team. Isn’t this one of the major problems we had with Woosha? That we’d drop the kids after one average game? I’d honestly rather see us drop Shiel for a week and really send the message that it doesn’t matter who you are, your place in the team isn’t guaranteed. May as well give Perkins a run while we’re at it.

2 Likes

Potential for injury tax. He’ll get a week.

1 Like

Essendonfc will not be successful for years to come,because we’re stuck with Shiel and smith, we gave up the farm to get shield for 2 draft picks & Smith for first round draft pic ,both of them have been average players ,I hope Adrian adodro go after tanner bruhn from the Giants

Perkins in.
Cox out (susp).

Hooker was no good, and it’s hard to see him improve over the year, but String needs a game into his legs.

1 Like

People are goldfish.

4 Likes

Out hooker, Francis, cahill
In Waterman , perkins, ???

Same for me. No changes if Cox avoids suspension, even though we’re all keen to see Perkins debut soon.

Given his interrupted pre-season, Stringer needs to play more than a half in a VFL praccy match before being brought back into the senior side IMO.

2 Likes

OUT: Francis, ham, Cahill
IN: Stringer, Waterman, Guelfi

Hooker goes back, stringer/ Waterman forward obviously

Is stringer ready to ok go?

Probably not but I’m desperate. He allows us to hide hooker in defence and provided a legitimate forward target.

1 Like

In Cutler - he epitomises the spirit and desire of Essendon.

1 Like

In: Perkins,stringer,zerk
Out: Francis,redman,snelling

Hooker gets one more chance, if he is non competitive again- vfl for the rest of the year

Nearly everyone on here seems to think he is judging by the changes :sweat_smile:

But hearing both Rutten and Sean Murphy talk about how they want to manage him, coupled by him only playing a half yesterday, I really think it would be a panic move to play him against Port Adelaide.

2 Likes

You could be right tag mitchell and maybe we win, which means what exactly?

Putting the responsibility onto the players to step up and beat their man actually challenges them to improve which helps us become a decent side (maybe)

Ever think that maybe the coach has been trying to implement certain things and would like to see who can do as instructed and who cant rather than swinging changes in round 1 to win one game that wont actually matter