Changes vs Port - Round 4 - Time to “Pay the Fine”

We don’t win enough ball in midfield. Both of those players might not fix that issue immediately but will with time.

We have far to many mids that don’t get their hands on it.

1 Like

Nothing in the reserves to change this.

Yep except keep playing Parish, got to keep playing what kids we have.

1 Like

Out: Saad, Brown
In: McNeice, McKernan

Hooker back for good.

Missing Gleeson enormously.

2 Likes

Our mids seem reluctant to actually grab hold of the ball, they want to tap it to somebody, opposition just grab hold of the ball and use it.

2 Likes

In before: no changes

Apart from the fumbling and shocking turnovers, we’ll never get anywhere with so little pressure being applied around the ball. The easy exits that the dogs found from stoppages was deplorable. Also the ball is coming out of defence too easily as we have daniher flying for mark of the day and hooker who can’t apply defensive pressure once the ball hits the ground.
I’d restructure next week with 2 talls on the forward line (joe & stewart), 2 medium sized forwards (Stringer & Laverde) and 2 smalls (Fanta & Tippa).
2 tall backs (hooker & ambrose/hartley/Brown) and let Hurley play loose and try to control the backline. Hooker’s lack of defensive pressure up forward and the lack of a strong bodied big defender and intercept marker means Hooker will be more value to the team playing back.
I don’t think the focus on bagging individual fringe players is at all relevant this week as the structure didn’t work, they’ve lost confidence as a group and the midfield is not performing with 4 of our best mids all playing poorly on the same day.

In - Laverde, Ambrose (when fit), maybe Langford to rotate HF/mid and most of all to apply defensive pressure, but at the moment the problem is not personnel but overall team performance as we are not too far off full strength.

1 Like

Out: joe ( only in the last qtr did he start to show effort, then the give off was unacceptable), Myers, brown, Goddard, bags
In:mcneice, Clark, Langford, redman,lav

There is the problem- on behalf if Essendon not far off full strength. Yiu are reliant as the coaches are on tbe name of the player. This club and The coaches have no balls to roll the dice and back in tbe younger players. Safe easy selection and many of you sit there and bag out the langers Laverde begs etc. These kids have an opportunity to grow as one. Our club is to caught up on the superstar in lights rather than having a team of players working hard. Flashy and individual and sorry Joe you have made much if it about you.

Bont is more than the equal of sny Essendon player snd he simply gets on with it

Out: Brown, Myers, Baguley, Daniher

In: Zerk-thatcher Clarke, Laverde, Long,

B: Saad, Hooker, Zerk-Thatcher
Hb: McKenna Hurley McGrath
C: Long Clarke Smith
Hf: Heppell Stewart Laverde
F: Fantasia Stringer Green
R: Bellchambers Z Merrett Zaharakis
Int: Goddard, Begley, McDonald-tippingwuti, Parish

Emg: Daniher, Redman, j Merrett

1 Like

why would anyone have bags out ?

1 of the very few players who has heart at this club, and attacks the player and ball hard. his game today i’d have him in before almost 3/4 of the rest of the side, and i wouldn’t even care if he literally ran the ball down to the goal line every time he got it and allowed an opposition player to kick a goal from 1 meter out.

at least he gives a ■■■■ out on the field.

10 Likes

Anytime Smack is mentioned as a possible in is a sure sign that we are in serious trouble. I’m not calling for him yet…and dont think I ever will!

4 Likes

Does it really matter guys? Worsfold will pick his favorite spuds, won’t make a hard call and drop someone who is supposed to be better.

I’m guessing the only player to be dropped is Begley. Myers won’t get dropped, “he just needs a few games under his belt and then he’ll be the player we know he can be”

2 Likes

apart from begley, the only other dropping will be langford … to the vfl reserves.

on field it’s literally gone back to circa 2010 knights days.
off field coaching has gone back to later day sheedy.

I swear i’m stuck in a timezone loop, playing favourites was a sheedy thing. no defense was a knights thing.
I’m worried what comes next, cos i don’t think we can survive another drug scandal.

10 Likes

As poorly as we played, this coaching / selection panel will make no changes.

In: Uni work

Out: Procrastinating watching garbage football

9 Likes

There is nothing surer than Myers not getting dropped this week .

I am that confident of this that I will eat a dozen dicks if this miracle occurs

2 Likes

In Matt Dea if fit

In: SMACK in up forward. Langford in mid, JMerret up forward
Changes in position: Hooker and Heppell down back, Stringer up fwd
Out: Myers, Brown, Begley out

Top of the agenda this week
1-Pressure
2-Kickouts
3- Hunting the ball back and slowing down the play!
4-Hitting a target
5-Refer to point 1

2 Likes

B: Baguley Harltey Tippa
HB: Hurley Hooker Saad
C: Zaka Heppell McKenna
HF: Langford Stewart Fantasia
F: Stringer Daniher Green
R: Bellchambers Zerrett Smith
IC: Myers (as a friggin’ mid) Goddard Begley Parish

4 Likes