Changes vs Port - Round 4 - Time to “Pay the Fine”

Myers never gets a game over Langford, Mutch, Clarke or any other up and coming midfielder ever again.

As far as I’m concerned he has played his last game in the red and black

3 Likes

I’m not sure why those agenda items weren’t addressed this week after the Freo game!

2 Likes

Well he did lay 6 tackles highest for us.

But hes old, and i would like to see mcGrath given a rest back to the backline for a bit take some pressure off him.

Baggers disposal is only ok and he has lost some pace.
I think you can only stay in that role late if u beat your man but also Set the team up from defence like hodge, Simpson, McVeigh.

Plus play some kids and get a bit more excitement round the place.

3 year contract - highlights what is wrong with Essendon off field

1 Like

May as well give Slattery a 10 year deal!

Love Myers as a bloke and and a leader, but feel the game has definitely passed him by. Big body in the midfield certainly but doesn’t seem to anticipate taps and is only left sided. Huge disadvantage especially when your hand skills aren’t top shelf and you really need to wind up to use your major left foot weapon. Doesn’t help either when your ruckman just bashes the ball forward, rather than deftly tapping to advantage. Begley also needs more time in the seconds to work on picking the best options. Had some shocking clangers today. Wasn’t alone though. Clarke deserves a look in now, especially with his improved foot skills.

does it matter any more? ■■■■ football.

5 Likes

Season is done, play the kids and see what we have. Need a decent cull at seasons end so let’s see who can or can’t play

1 Like

Seriously Mckernan? Leunberger??

Do people realise what they’re posting?

WTF are we doing as a club, where are we going when after a embarrassing loss all people can think to include are 2 over the hill back up players at best?

You people make me sick, nearly as much as this club.

27 Likes

if we have any backbone at all a statement will be made at selection this week.

I wont hold my breath.

Fkn spot on! I nearly choked when i saw the op had luey and smack as their ins. It’s like Some people want to carry on with this mediocre ■■■■ that has been occurring for over a decade

2 Likes

you can’t make a statement, it might hurt some of the players feels that they got left out of the side, and xav will have to come out and apologise again for them being unfairly mistreated by the big bad higher ups at the club.

Nah continue to give games to Myers, he’ll come good, he’s only had 10 years on the list to prove himself

Just pick blokes based on effort. Simple as that. That was a pathetic embarressing performance and heads should roll. 2 weeks in a row. I honestly would not care if we made 10 changes. You need to reward blokes from the vfl after a big win and there is no shortage of candidates to make way

2 Likes

Why is Bellchambers not getting any heat? He was bested by a lanky schoolkid. Seriously, when he puts in these howlers (which he’s done with alarming regularity year in year out) he makes Jack Watts look like Roger Merrett.

The thing that annoys me to no end, is that we will probably come out and play some electric football and win. It’s just how we roll

1 Like

Play the kids. When are the likes of Long, Ridley, Redman, Mutch, Clarke, Lav and Langford going to get a chance?

2 Likes

The only change that needs to be made ASAP is hooker back to defence. Then make a team from there. 3 talls up forward is toooooo slow. They need to start with hooker down back with Hurley than joe up forward with stringer. I would even put Stewart on the wing.

3 Likes

This, dead set we’re playing the hill for whom the bellchamber tolled if we put in smack and leuy.

when was the last time we genuinely gave youth a chance? because we kinda did it in 2016 then banished some of them back to vfl purgatory because the heroes were back. pity were shellshocked.

If a statistically based decision were to be made now, we are going to get smashed.

And we belted them last year.