IN: Redman, Hartley, Langford, Lav/Clarke/Guelfi

B: Redman Hurley Harltey
HB: McKenna Hooker Saad
C: McGrath Heppell Smith
HF: Tippa Stewart Fantasia
F: Stringer Daniher Green
R: Bellchambers, Parish, Merrett

I/C: Zaharakis, Goddard, Langford, Lav (Mid) /Clarke/Guelfi

We need to make a statement. Drop the VFL Grade players, play some kids!

2 Likes

My 2 cents,
Out: Tippa, Brown, Myers
In: Langford, Laverde, Hartley

F: Stewart, Green, Begley
HF: Stringer, Daniher, Fantasia
C: Zaharakis, Heppell, Smith
HB: Mckenna,Hurley, Saad
B: Baguley, Hooker, Hartley
R: Bello, Parish, Zerrett
I/C: Mcgrath, Goddard, Langford, Laverde

Note that Lav is depending on fitness, need to be sure he has KMs in the tank

They have broken my spirit.
OUT: Hot Ganipganaps

6 Likes

When was the last time we one 3 games in a row? Because that says it all.

1 Like

Why’s Hartley an auto in?
Brown for Hartley doesn’t seem to be much more than shuffling deck chairs at this point.

The statement move would be out Brown, Hooker back, and bring in another runner.
Or Brown out for Zerk or Ridley.
Port are another running side.

1 Like

Why the fk would you bring in Hartley for him to play 3 ■■■■ games just for him to be dropped again. It’s like playing Baguley and Myers ahead of guys like Langford, redman, Mutch Clarke etc. Makes no sense. Have a look at something else other than dads fkn army who are done!

Put a line through him. But nah. We’ll try him about another 6-7 times inbetween multiple droppings to the vfl just to realise he’s no good.

Play zerk.

3 Likes

I’ll give you three reasons why Hartley should be brought back.

1. Has a season of good AFL football as a KPD under his belt.
  2. Can contest, spoil, punch, and kick.
  3. Has regained form this year and should never have been dropped.
11 Likes

I just like players like Clarke. Put him in.

1 Like

I started to put together my team as I’d want it to look (given what we’ve learnt so far this season) from scratch, with no consideration of ins and outs. I got to the HBF and it was a mess. I can’t actually form a back 6 that works in my mind without Gleeson or Francis playing that 3rd tall who can intercept and then get involved going forward. If we send Hooker back then he and Hurley meet the requirements between them, but that’s not what I want.

Anyone got any suggestions? I’d almost consider playing Ridley or Zerk there from as early as this week to make the shape of the back 6 work. (understanding that they don’t have “form”)

The other one I have issues around is that if we send Hooker back, I reckon the best shape for our forward 6 is 2 talls / 2 mediums who can mark / 2 smalls. And for that I would love to see Laverde replace Green. He’s not ready yet, but given that 12 hours ago we were all talking about how he needed to force his way into the team as a mid, I am a bit surprised that I now see him as potentially being critical to getting the balance right in the 18.

Whatever. 3 weeks ago I thought we had a good, deep list. Right now I am struggling to see how I ever thought that.

1 Like

Medium tall forwards are Stringer and Langford.
Hartley is the negator, Hooker the intercept/contested mark, Hurley already plays as the high posession rebounding tall.
You have Baguley as the small shutdown, Saad for breaking the lines and Tippa for a bit of both.

We have the cattle.

2 Likes

Bring in players who tackle and go in hard.
Where’s Ambrose? still injured?
Guelfi? Clark?
ANy of these kids tacklers?

Out - Myers,Begley
In - Laverde,Guelfi

2 Likes

Out:

7 Likes

In: Guelfi, Calrke, Mckernan, Merrett, Mutch, Laverde

I partly agree, but also have some issues

In the forward half
I’d thought of Langford forward, but still prefer him to be developing through the middle. Laverde brings better defensive pressure in the same role, so would like to think he makes that spot him eventually. But either/or.

In the back half I have problems with Hurley’s seeming inability to be the intercept mark player. If he’s going to go to the #3 or #4 forward so that he gets freed up to be dangerous when we have the ball, then he also needs to be able to zone off and impact contests and help out the key defenders by taking marks. If he can’t be that player, then I think he’s better off being the FB or CHB, and negating his man (choosing to run off when appropriate, but being happy with 18 impactful touches, rather than 30). We need someone who can intercept and turn defence into attack in the blink of an eye, not someone to take an intercept mark and then wait for the designated kicker to go by to pick up the handball, allowing and extra 5 or 10 seconds for the opposition to get their structure right.

If that makes sense.

(and if we want to win games I’d be playing McGrath as the lock down, and obviously McKenna can break lines. I’d be using McKenna in the designated receiver/kicker role more, although it would be high risk while he got used to it)

But yeah, we should have the cattle, or at least close to it, but something’s not quite right, so I feel we need to tweak a few things.

1 Like

i think it should be

BAGS,HARTLEY,HURLEY
MCKENNA, HOOKER, SAAD
ZAKA, GODDARD,SMITH
TIPPA,STEWART,STRINGER
FANTASIA, JOE, GREEN
BELLY,HEPPELL,ZACH

PARISH, BEGLEY,MCGRATH,SMACK

IN.SMACK,HARTLEY
UT. MYERS(NOT FIT ENOUGH YET) BROWN

1 Like

I don’t see Hurley in the Lever role, I see him in the Laird role.
Hooker is Lever.
Hartley is Talia.

Langford is obviously going to rotate in the midfield.
Goddard is going to change through the backline.
McKenna is going to play on the wing, because his backline apprenticeship is over and he’s totally a wingman now.

But hey, that’s just what I think.
And will never, ever happen.

2 Likes

Would like us to play with a smaller forward line.
Look at richmond, They have 1 key forward

Daniher/Stringer or Stewart as Forwards.

Hooker back please

2 Likes

B: Bags Hooker Goddard
HB: McKenna Hurley Saad
C: McGrath Heppell Smith
HF: Walla Stewart Stringer
F: Fantasia, Daniher Langford
R: Bellchambers, Clarke, Merrett
I/C: Zaka, Laverde, Parish, Hartley
Out: Brown, Green, Begs, Myers
In: Langford (more fwd than mid), Lav (fwd), Clarke (on ball), Hartley (Port go 3 talls)
Notes : Hooker back, Stringer more fwd than back this week, Give Clarke a run in midfield rotations
Fwd Line; Two Talls - JD/Stewart, two medium - Stringer/Lang and two smalls – Walla, Razz
Mids rotation: Smith, Hepp, Mc Grath, Clarke, Merret, Zaka, Parish, Lang, Fanta, Stringer
Mids risk – Going with Boak Wines, Polec, Wingard, Gray, Ebert, Rockliff, Powell Pepper (mostly bigger bodies)

Bellchambers won his position today, people calling for his head are cooked.

Hooker back, Myers out for either Clarke or Lav! (Honestly, just bring in the toughest kent under 25 we have in the twos - THAT is what is missing from this team)

5 Likes