Changes vs Port - Round 4 - Time to “Pay the Fine”

Honestly who gives a ■■■■ who we bring in? This clubs problems run deeper than bringing in Smack for Belchambers

Turn the whole ■■■■■■■ place upsidedown and get to the root of this ■■■■ that has stained the club the last 15 years

1 Like

Out: Joe Dan (send a message to the players, his efforts are just not up to AFL standard), Myers (game has gone past him), Brown (decision making is not up to AFL standard)
In: Smaller forward line, Hooker to the back line, Tippa to half back flank, bring in some kids

1 Like

Out:whoosh
In: me

Midfield is diabolical but the cupboard is bare.

IN:

• Langford (MID)
  • Hartley (sure to need another KPD again)
  • ?Clarke perhaps? (reward form, in our weakest part of the field)

OUT:

• Begley (one too many small forwards, go to VFL and try to become a midfield saviour)
  • Baguley (switching one defender back into a KPD, prefer Saad and Mckenna because of the long term view)
  • ?Myers or Stringer or maybe even Parish? (for midfield stinkiness)

Not this time, we’ll turn that usual form on it’s head.

2 Likes

I don’t care if we put know one else on the field, play hooker back.

3 Likes

It does not matter who we bring in, they have to adhere to a game plan from 2009 that isn’t sustainable

If you coached the current Sydney, gws or Adelaide side our game plan that we try, with their talent, they would produce the same results

2 Likes

Seriously?

You’re talking about a side that just brought back in Baguley and Myers.

It’s probably a better guess at what is going to happen than suggesting bringing in anyone under the age of 25.

Port running with Dxon/Watts/Marshall?
Suggests 3 big backs. Not sure who of them I’d want Hurley on.

Out: Myers Brown
In: Langford

Don’t give a crap what else they do, as long as it doesn’t make us slower.

Not sure if we looked better late because of Hooker being cleared out, or because the sting was gone out of the match: but that’s 3 of 3 last quarters we’ve had a late rally. Might be how they’re conditioning them and managing interchanges.

2 Likes

I’d love to drop Bellchambers, but we would have to play Joe in the ruck which means Hooker would have to stay forward. The last 10 mins showed how much we need him down back.

Myers has to go, I’d play with 21 if necessary. Bring in any young midfielder willing to run, tackle and spread.

Oh and bring in someone who will fire up, start a fight and show some passion and mongrel!

1 Like

I would still play Hooker forward. Because the forward line is still functioning efficiently, when they actually get supply. As that part of the ground isn’t broke, don’t meddle with it.

PS. One of the reasons Hooker was taking so many intercepts late is because the Dogs cleared out their forward line, starting just 4 there.

Personnel isn’t the problem with this club.

There’s no point making any pointless changes if the coach and CEO aren’t going to fix the culture

Out: Myers, Begley
In: Langford, Clarke

B: Baguley Hooker Brown
HB: McKernan Hurley Saad
C: Zaharakis Heppell Smith
HF: Tippa Stewart Stringer
F: Fantasia Daniher Green
R: Bellchambers Parish Zerrett

I/C: McGrath Goddard Langford Clarke

3 Likes

Loss was worth it for this post!

2 Likes

To help win it’s Hooker in the back line.

Langford in, Myers out. wont help win this week but maybe longer term.

There’s no one to come in and help when you have a poor list which we do.

Sadly I could see them dropping Begs as the big statement.

Is nobody else worried by ball use off half back? Game was over by the second with about 10 turnovers off HBF. Really suggests something needs looking at.

Started with Goddard, but by midway through the second quarter I reckon 80% of the team had butchered at least one from half back.

Yup. Dogs set up well for it, we made a few mistakes, then went to water.

2 Likes

I reckon part of it is that when teams set up to shut us down we don’t work hard enough to get loose for the easy spot up. This leaves 2 options… dump it to a pack, or try a risky kick to open things up. Both end up badly.

2 Likes

Came down to a battle of wills today IMO. Tried it for ten minutes. Gave up and started doing dumb ■■■■.

3 Likes